Fireworks

Since I haven't been updating a lot recently, here's a double upload for the day to make it up:)

         Percy didn't bother to comb his hair. The 4th of July  fireworks was the biggest dating event at Camp Half Blood, but almost everybody dressed casually. He also didn't think Annabeth would care much as watching fireworks on a blanket with 100 other teenagers wasn't that fancy. 

He checked his watch. 4 minutes until it started. He exhaled, calmed himself, and opened the door of cabin 3.

Annabeth and him agreed to meet up on the far left side of the beach near the brush. It was one of the more secluded spots, and still a great place to watch the fireworks.

He saw other couples already at the beach when he arrived. Some he could tell were on their first date by the way they awkwardly held hands or looked at each other before blushing to themselves. And others he could tell were dating for a while by their closeness. Leo and Calpyso were walking along the edge of the water, only getting their toes wet. Nico and Will were holding hands at the other edge of the beach, talking about something Percy couldn't hear from his stance.

He found Annabeth where they agreed to meet. She looked good, and Percy smiled as he took her hand.

"This will be our first ever real firework show as a couple right?" Annabeth said, looking at the sky.

"Yeah. Obviously missed the first one because of the quest,  and we weren't dating when you asked me that one time." Percy said, recalling on the memory.

"I didn't even ask you. I just hoped you would come. Thank Gods you did, it would be so embarrassing to show up to the fireworks without a date." Annabeth stated.

"Yeah. I was so nervous, I thought I was going to blow it the whole time." Percy admitted.

"I remember. You kept on turning red whenever I said anything that had any implications that I liked you. It was a great night though." Annabeth told him.

"Agreed." Percy said.

They turned their attention to Chiron as he galloped towards the beach. He pulled a megaphone from his pocket, and started the same firework speech he rehearsed every year.

"Welcome all to the annual fireworks showing of Camp Half Blood! As most of you know, it's July 4th, and one of the traditions of this day is to set off fireworks! For camp, this is also a type of prom if you would call it that. You are encouraged to find a date, and you can both watch the fireworks under the moonlight! Of course, dates are not required for people who don't wish to be in one, and younger campers, but if you wish to, ask someone! So without further ado, the Hephaestus cabin presents the the firework show!" 

Everybody clapped as Chiron left the stage, and in entered Leo.

"Ok kids, basic rules. The fireworks are over the water so don't  swim if you want to stay alive, and enjoy!" Leo said, and gave the signal to his siblings.

Annabeth took out the blanket, spread it on the sand, and the 2 laid on it. They did this the first time they watched the fireworks together 3 years ago, but this time they were a lot closer.

The Hephaestus cabin never disappointed. Fireworks ranging from the United States flag to pigs. No one knew the motives behind the pig, but everybody knew it was obviously Leo who implemented it. Not that people didn't like it though. A pig made of sparks was pretty cool.

Most people were quiet as they watched the fireworks in awe. Some were cheering at every firework, others silently enjoying the show with their significant other. Percy and Annabeth were more the latter. They were never the most serious couple, but cuddling on a blanket as they watched fireworks was rather enjoyable.

It lasted for around 20 minutes, and for the grand finale, almost all couples kissed. 3 years ago when they were 15, Percy and Annabeth just hugged it out, but now it was different.

They happily kissed as fireworks boomed behind them. 

 Firework word counter: 13 times

Hope you enjoyed-

PandaDude