Monsters

I'm not sure why I'm doing this, I like the song above and I just thought it fit with the title. Also, a dog bit me yesterday and I might have rabies XD(I put XD there because I'm a quirky little potato.) So if this is the last update ever, it's probably because I'm dead. (r/im14andthisisdeep)

       Annabeth sprinted into the depths of the dark forest,panting. 7 Cyclopes were on her trail. How she counted them,Annabeth blamed the ADHD. Percy was nowhere to be found. The unfamiliar forests of Vermont gave her no sense of direction or where she was going. Part of Annabeth's mind wanted to just lie down and let the monsters overtake her because she was so tired. But Annabeth's determination was too much. If she was going to go down, she was going to go down fighting.

Annabeth turned to the big burly Cyclopes. For 7 foot giants, they sure were fast. Their only weakness though was that Annabeth was faster. As the first one came at her, Annabeth easily dodged a blow and struck it in the back of its leg with her dagger. The Cyclopes gave an agonizing groan, and collapsed to the ground. Years of fighting had made her very good at stabbing the weak spots in monsters. 

Annabeth finished off the monster, but couldn't celebrate her victory long as a second one was barreling towards her. The night's darkness combined with the cold autumn air made it hard for Annabeth to see. She still managed to duck under a big wooden club the Cyclopes held, and stood on her tiptoes  to stab the monster in the heart.  2 down, 5 to go, Annabeth thought. Hopefully, she would soon be surrounded by yellow dust. 

Annabeth's only problems was the Cyclopes were starting to strategize. They figured out that if they overwhelmed her, there would be no way that she could fight them all. At once, all 5 ran at her, roaring battle cries. Annabeth eyes widened, but she stood her ground. She threw her dagger at the first Cyclopes(the fastest one) as soon as they were near,and it immediately disintegrated. Good thing she still had her dragon bone sword as a backup, strapped to her side. Annabeth unsheathed it in a flash, and slashed at another one. 4 down,3 to go.

The last 3 seemed to be the best fighters. They all stood well over 8 feet,all held wood clubs, and they all looked the strongest. 2 came forward, 1 coming from her left, the other coming from the right while one stood in the middle. Flanking. Annabeth cursed. Flanking was the only strategy where it forced you to retreat. When did Cyclopes learn all of these? Gods, she hated quests.

Annabeth ducked just in time before the Cyclope's club would smash her. She had hoped they would run into each other, but this wasn't cartoons. The Cyclope's turned and started running straight at her. Good, she had running room. Annabeth maneuvered  to the side, and struck at one of the giants. She missed by a few inches. Big mistake. One of the Cyclopes took advantage of the situation, and kicked her in the stomach with their foot. Annabeth flew backwards,and stumbled to the ground. The 3rd had just caught up with them, and now 3 hideous grins were looking down on her.

"Goodbye,Demigod." One whispered, and raised their club. They couldn't finish the deed though because they collapsed into dust. Only one sword could move that swiftly and be that lethal at the same time. Riptide. Percy Jackson stood in the moonlight, his face bleeding, looking exhausted. 

The other 2 Cyclopes turned their attention towards the person who interrupted their fun, and they yelled in rage. One wielded their club menacing  while the other moved around Percy and started creeping up on Percy from behind. Percy easily deflected the club, and was winning the battle. What Annabeth was worried about was the one from behind.

Annabeth gathered her senses. As fast as her aching body would allow, Annabeth leapt up and put her sword in front of the Cyclopes club right as he brought it down on Percy's head, just like she did at the battle at Manhattan on the bridge.(forgot what it was called.) Percy was not going to die on her watch. Percy finished the Cyclopes seconds after Annabeth saved him. He turned around to see Annabeth struggling against the Cyclopes strength, pushing her sword against his club.Percy swung riptide at the monster, and cut its thigh. It grunted in pain which gave Annabeth enough time to kill it. 

7 down,0 to go.

Percy threw his arms around Annabeth, hugging her tightly.

"You saved my life." He said as he buried his head on her shoulder.

"And you saved mine." Annabeth whispered.

Percy removed his head from Annabeth's shoulder, but didn't let go. The 22 year olds stared at each other for a while, both thinking how lucky they were. Next thing Percy knew, they were kissing. In the middle of the night, surrounded by monster dust, in Vermont, on a stupid quest to retrieve Aphrodite's beauty kit that she accidentally dropped from Olympus, they didn't care. All they cared about right now was being alive and together.

"This whole quest was a fail though. We didn't retrieve the stupid kit." Percy said.

"Not necessarily." Annabeth said as she held up the almost not recognizable pink bag. Her dragon bone sword was not the only thing strapped to her side.

"Gods,I love you." Percy smiled.

"I love you more."

"Nope. Impossible. I love you way too much for that to happen."

"Nuh-uh."

"Uh-huh." 

"I love you more times 10."

"Times 100." 

The couple continued like this for a while before they kissed again.

"You want to get back to Olympus so we can finally go to camp? I'm tired of Vermont." Percy stated.

"Agreed." 

Annabeth shouted at the sky to please teleport them to Olympus, and that they had finished the 4 day long quest. Aphrodite took a while though because she was still gushing over their relationship. 

I know this chapter was a bit more serious than others, so I tried to make it lighthearted at the end. Also, before you start getting concerned that I might have rabies, the chances are really low. This will almost certainly not be the last chapter. (Hopefully) Hope you enjoyed-

PandaDude