Party(AU)

So this is going to be my first AU ever! It's probably going to be pretty trash, but I wanted to make it.

"Come on Annabeth! It's just one party!" Piper McClean said as she tried to dragged her friend over to the door.

"I hate parties." Annabeth Chase grumbled,reluctant to go. 

"I swear you'll love it." Piper argued

"No, I won't. I'm probably going to get asked out by 20 hormonal drunk  guys who have nothing better to do." Annabeth said. 

The two roommates argued back and forth.

"Why do you want me to go again?" Annabeth asked.

"Because you've been studying for 3 hours straight, and you need to give your brain a rest. The biology exam won't be that hard." Piper reasoned.

"It's a college exam! Of course it's going to be hard! I actually like to study unlike you who flips through a book once and is done!" Annabeth said exasperatedly. 

"Hey I got a all B's and a A's on 4 out of of my 6 subjects!" Piper said.

"And a C- and a D on the last 2."

Piper sighed. "Aagh, Annabeth,just come to the party! If people hit on you,so what? It's not like they can force you to do anything. Aren't you trained in like karate?"

"It's called taekwando."

"I don't care, just please Annabeth, come to a college party for once!"

"Fine." 

"YES!"

                                                         ***time skip to party***

The two friends park a long ways away as this was one of the bigger parties of the year. It was hosted by another college student who struck it rich in the stock market, and was making tons of money at age 22.(not important to the story btw, I just didn't want people to be confused)

They walk up the steps of the mansion and knock on the door. Music seemed to be blaring on the other side of the wall so Annabeth assumed no one was going to answer and immediately asked if they could leave. Piper was about to agree when the door opened. It was Percy Jackson.  Annabeth didn't recognize him but Piper did. He was her boyfriend's,Jason, best friend. Not to mention the best swimmer in the whole college. 

Annabeth expected him to take one glance at her and ask her out, but he didn't.

"Hi girls! Come on in. Refreshments are on the table to the left, and the bathroom is 2 doors down to the right. Enjoy the party!" He shouted over the laughter,music, and voices. 

Annabeth didn't realize she was looking at him as he walked away.

"Oooohhh does someone have a crush on Percy Jackson?" Piper asked, nudging Annabeth with her elbow.

"Shut up. Go make out with Jason somewhere." Annabeth said, irritated.

Piper scoffed in a playful manner. "Well if you didn't know, Jason and I also like talking over a nice cup of coffee." 

Annabeth rolled her eyes, and walked into the living room where most people were. She could feel the eyes on her, but she ignored them. She didn't want to dance, or go to the party first that matter. Why did she let Piper convince her again? 

The refreshments table was a bore. It was almost all alcohol, and the things that weren't alcohol were soda. Annabeth was relieved when she found a water jug. She poured some water into the beer glasses(as that was all that was there), and sipped it at the back corner of the room.