Capture The Flag

"Attention campers!" Chiron says over the noise of the dining tables. 

It immediately quiets down as the campers turn towards the centaur, excited about what's he going to say as they know what it is. 

"Today, as you all know  is Friday! And the main event on Friday is a friendly game of Capture The Flag!" He says, and the crowd erupts  in cheers.

"This time the red team,Athena, Hephestaus, Hermes, Hecate, Dionysus, Tyche, Hades,and Nike will be facing  off against the blue team, Ares, Poseidon, Hebe, Apollo, Demeter, Aphrodite, Nemesis, and Iris! The leader of the red team is Hephestaus, and the leader of the blue is Apollo! (Is that all the cabins?)

Leo runs in, waving red team's flag maniacally. It sported a silver hammer, and red background. The symbol of Hephestaus.Will runs in after, a golden bow on his flag with a blue background. The symbol of Apollo. (Also a red background and blue background to symbol the teams.)

Dinner ends, and the two teams suit  up. The "friendly" game of Capture The Flag was about to begin.

                                                              ***

Percy's POV:

"Jackson! You're tree duty! It's the newest position. You climb up a tree and hide out there until the game ends because we don't want your precious face to be smashed." Clarisse La Rue tells me, punching my arm sarcastically.

"Shut up La Rue." I respond, and roll my eyes. I spot Will, the actual blue team leader.

"What's the plan?" I ask him.

"Ares and Apollo will flank around and attack their defenses. Demeter and Nemesis are on defense. Iris is at the creek, and Hebe has the right. Aphrodite is hiding the flag and has the left." Will explains, leaving only one cabin out of it. Poseidon.

"What do I do?" I ask.

"I want you to go for the flag. Use the creek or something, do whatever you can to get that flag. Ares and my cabin will be helping, but you're the best fighter." Will says even more quietly than he said the plan. (Malcom has spied on us pregame before.)

"Ok, I got you." I say, and bring  out my pen.

"I knew I could count on you, Percy." Will says, and flashes me a smile. We hear Chiron's voice over a megaphone counting down to the start of the game, and Will curses under his breath.

"Good luck out there!" He says to me before running off.

"POSITIONS EVERYONE!" Will shouts as Chiron reaches 0. 

                                                             ***            

Annabeth's POV:

The conch horn blows, and I'm already sprinting through the woods. I keep on going forwards, remembering Leo's words.

"Just find the flag."

Find the flag. I have overheard that the Aphrodite cabin is hiding the flag. Most likely Lacy who hid it as she's excellent at camouflage. Except there isn't a lot of blue in nature. 

The creek. Of course. The navy blue colors of the flag would easily blend into the water. I steer left to the direction of the creek, barely avoiding a thorn bush as I run.

I hear shouts all around me, and the sounds of clashing metal. I cancel out most of the noise, but  one statement catches me off guard.

"Percy! Use the water!"