Bicycle(3,000 words)

30th chapter special👁👅👁

      "If I fall, I'm blaming it entirely on you." The boy said, strapping his helmet  around his head

"You will not if you keep your balance! Remember, always try to maintain your weight in the middle of the seat. Bicycling isn't hard if you know what you're doing." The girl responded, also securing the helmet around her head, but not as  tightly. 

"I don't know what I'm doing though." Said the boy, wobbling as he got onto his new bike.

The girl sighed. "Percy, didn't your mom teach you how to ride when you were like 7?"

"That was 6 years ago. I have lost almost all memory of knowing how to do it." The boy admitted.

The girl rolled her eyes. "Come on, let's go on the grass. You're going to learn how to ride a bike." 

They moved off the small road to the small grass patch at the  bottom of Camp Half Blood hill. The 2 13 year olds were just granted permission to stray away a little bit from camp, and the first thing they wanted to do was ride a bike. Well, the girl wanted to ride a bike. The boy just tagged along because he was bored.

"I know how to ride a bike,Annabeth." The boy muttered grudgingly. "I'm just not good at it."

"You just contradicted yourself." The girl said.

"I said I lost almost all memory of how to ride a bike. Not all of it." The boy said.

The girl drummed her fingers  against the bike handle. "Ok then. Try."

The boy lifted his feet off the ground, and placed them slowly on the pedal. He wobbled some more, and attempted to move the pedals. He was not going to get embarrassed by Annabeth. Not today. Not now. Not ever.

The boy was embarrassed. In 2 seconds flat, he tumbled off his bike and landed on the ground with a resounding thud. The girl couldn't hold back a chuckle.

The boy glared at her, and tried again. This time, he went 3 seconds before falling off. He dusted himself off, and looked at the girl.

"Fine. Show me how to ride a bike." The boy said.

"Sure seaweed brain." She replied, and hopped on her bike.

"So, the first thing you need to know when riding a bike is to know what your seat level is at. Yours is way too high for your height. Your feet are barely touching the ground, giving you way less control then wanted." She explained, and adjusted her seat as a demonstration.  

The boy did the same, following the girls every move. 

"Now, get on your bike." The girl said, and swung her leg over her seat. 

The boy tried to do the same, but his leg accidentally caught itself in the handle bar, and the boy fell to the ground, his bike as his only cushion. 

The girl rushed to his side, letting her bike fall, and checked for any injuries.

"Ugh, Percy. You haven't even got to the riding part yet, and you have already fallen." The girl said, irritated.

The boy picked up his bike, and swung his leg over the seat, this time successfully. He pumped his fist, and waited as the girl returned to her bike. 

"Ok,so now put one foot on the pedal." The girl said. The boy put his left foot on the pedal, keeping his right firmly on the ground. 

"Now, I want you to kick off with your right foot. When you feel comfortable, put your right foot on one of the pedals and start pedaling. Use your handles to steer."