Volleyball

"No, no way." I say, staying where I was.

"Why Percy! It's just volleyball, there is absolutely nothing to be afraid of! At all!" Annabeth replies, a frustrated look painted in her face.

"Yeah there is! Getting hit in the face! It's happened before, who to say it won't happen again!" I say.

"Gods,Percy that was when we were 14. That was 5 years ago!" Annabeth says.

"Yeah just because I'm 19 now doesn't mean my face will be any harder!" 

"Percy, you're not getting hit in the face. In 2 days, it will be my 20th birthday. I just want you to try out volleyball. Could you please do it?" Annabeth asks sweetly, giving her best impression of a baby seal face.

"Annabeth that's my face. It doesn't work on me." I  say, not convinced.

Annabeth sighs, grabs my wrist, and drags  me out to the volleyball courts of Camp Half Blood. 

"Ok Percy, I'll give you a deal. If you get hit in the face, I'll owe you 20 bucks. And you cannot purposely put your face in front of the ball! Deal?" Annabeth asks.

"20 mortal bucks? What would I do with that?" I say.

"I don't know. Buy a new sweatshirt?" 

"You took my last one! Maybe you should just give it back!" 

Soon, we were in a full blown argument about Annabeth stealing sweatshirts. The second Annabeth stated we were getting nowhere and should just stop, I agreed. I had no idea what we were arguing about anyways.

"So Percy I'm going to lightly serve it to you,ok? Please attempt to hit it back. Your precious face will not have any damage done to it?" Annabeth explains like I'm 5. She hits the ball up, and I miss it by a mile.

"Percy you're going to have to try harder than that." Annabeth says.

"I can't when you hit it like 50 feet away." I reason. 

We continue going like this for a long time. Annabeth throws the ball over the net, I miss it, or hit it and don't get it over the net. Annabeth gets visually more tired each fail. I ask to stop like a 100 times, but Annabeth is insistent on making me hit one ball over the net. 

Annabeth puts up another serve, and I tap it lightly. It boings on the net and goes over just barely. Annabeth let's out a sigh of relief, and mutters a word under her breath that sounds a lot like "finally."

"Hey you were the one who really wanted to do it." I say as we go to the dining hall for dinner. 

"Yes, because it would be feel so unsuccessful and so imperfect if you didn't get it over the net." Annabeth explains.

I kiss her cheek, and whisper softly in her ear, "No ones perfect wise girl. Especially not me."

"ESPECIALLY not you." Annabeth laughs slightly as she says this.

"Hey that's mean. At least I'm near perfect unlike...ahem...certain people in close proximity of me." I say, obviously referencing Annabeth as a joke. 

"I'm telling Will you said that." Annabeth responds. I curse, of course she would do that. I didn't even realize Will was 10 feet away, talking to his mortal mom through a Iris Message. 

Annabeth laughs as I try to stray her away from. "Please don't." I whisper. 

"Of course not Percy. It's a joke." Annabeth says. Next thing I know our lips are together.

"AHHHHH GUYS I AM TALKING TO MY MOM! I DO NOT NEED 2 PEOPLE MAKING OUT IN THE BACKGROUND!" 

You a real one if you obsess over vitamin gummies. They're just too good. Hope you enjoyed-

PandaDude