Skiing

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: No updates from July 10th to the 17th because I'm going on vacation. 

        The chairlift lurched into the air, and Percy's stomach did too. He was not ready for this. Percy took a deep breath, and didn't look down.  The cold air of upstate New York chilled him even when he was wearing 3 layers. 

Percy had only skied twice before. Once when he was with his mom at 5,(he fell like 20 times) and another time again with his mom at 9(he fell like 19 times).  Now, he was almost 19, skiing for the third time with his girlfriend, Annabeth.

"Don't be so scared. If you fall, you fall on snow. It's basically a cushion." Annabeth said from across the chairlift, sensing his discomfort.

"When you fall a million times, it starts to hurt a bit." Percy retorted, staring at the mountains in the distance. 

"You won't fall a million times. The last time you skied was like 10 years ago."

"Which means I'm going to be inexperienced."

"Which means you're going to have a fresh start. I haven't skied in a few years too. You never know." Annabeth said. 

"I guess." Percy said, still not 100%. 

After a long and uncomfortable ride on the hard surface of the chairlift, it finally descended. Percy sighed in relief as they pushed off the chairlift onto the snow. 

"Hopefully I don't die." Percy said to Annabeth.

"You won't seaweed brain." She responded as she readied her skies. 

"If I die, I love you." Percy said, and then started down the long trek to the bottom.

Annabeth rolled her eyes, but descended  after him anyways. 

The  air blasted Percy. Waves of adrenaline washed over him, and he was only focusing on his path. Turn left, turn right,slow down, don't go near the trees.

He was only a few hundred feet from the bottom when a unexpected bump in the snow caught him off guard. He turned the skis, trying to dodge the obstacle, but he was going to fast. Percy ran over the bump, sending him airborne for a second before crashing to the ground. 

Annabeth caught up with him, her ski goggles pulled off. 

"I hate the snow." Percy groaned, lifeless on the ground. 

"Then get up?" Annabeth suggested.

"Ok." Percy said, and lifted his hand up as if to act like he wanted her to pull him up. 

Instead of Annabeth pulling him up though, Percy pulled her down. 

She landed on the snow beside him.

"Percy! What was that for?" She said as she laughed.

"I don't know, I guess you failed to pull me up." Percy responded.

Annabeth laughed once more. "You're such a seaweed brain." 

"I know."" Percy said, and grabbed some snow. He then rolled it in his hand until it resembled a ball shape.

"Here you go." He added on, throwing it at her  shoulder. 

Annabeth didn't even get the chance to respond because Percy was already speeding down the mountain.

"Percy!" She yelled, and this time, actually went after him. 

Percy gave a sly smile when she finished.

"You're so annoying." Annabeth said as they trudged through the snow.

"But you love me." Percy said cheerfully. 

"Unfortunately." 

Percy expressed a look of mock hurt, and kissed her cheek. 

Annabeth hid a smile. They continued through the day, trying out different runs. It was a exhausting day, but both of them secretly enjoyed it. 

As they walked back to the car, hand in hand, Percy said,

"That was cool." 

"Yeah, it was."

"I only fell like 16 times." Percy said, and they shared a kiss.

"Mhm. Interesting." Annabeth replied, and her hand moved to the back of his shirt. 

"Annabeth! Did you just drop snow down my shir-AH THATS COLD!" 

boop. Hope you enjoyed-

PandaDude