Chiron

The cafeteria is buzzing with noise, and I don't blame them. It is a Friday morning, the campers didn't have any chores or classes to attend tomorrow. I also couldn't hide a grin at certain occasions as that means I have no classes to teach. Don't get me wrong, teaching is splendid, but a break is luxurious.

Mr.D burps loudly beside me and says to no one in particular. "So I've heard there's a new camper today, eh? What's his name? Jay Filch?"

"Jack Finch." I correct him, not bothering to turn to him. I knew he did that name thing on purpose, and I was honestly getting tired of it. Of course I wouldn't dare say that to him.

"Same thing." He says, chugging his Pepsi. I refrain from shaking my head, and turn my eyes towards the campers. The Ares cabin is by far the loudest, shouting and laughing. The quietest is    definitely the Poseidon table as there is only one person there. Percy Jackson. He doesn't really look lonely, just alone. I'm not surprised though when a certain Athena daughter joins him.

I would usually stop them, but I don't have the energy. No point anyways, they were just going to do it the next time anyways.

Mr.D follows my eyes, and grumbles.

"You know I should've turned those 2 to dolphins a long time ago. Are you going to say anything?" He says.

"I don't know, are you?" I challenge, and realize that might have not been the wisest decision to speak up.

He narrows his eyes. "I could turn you into a dolphin, you know that?" 

"I wonder what Zeus would think of that." I retort.

He lets out a harsh sigh through his nose, and chugs more of his Pepsi. 

"I can't wait for the day when I can get out of this wretched camp." He continues, almost like a whine. I ignore him. He chugs more Pepsi.

I eat silently as the campers start to disperse. 9:00AM was the first class of the day so I try to eat quickly as possible so I can set up for it. 

How To Use A Canoe Through Waterways 

It was hard for me to use a canoe considering my bottom half is that of a horse, but I could manage with one of the longer paddles. Usually, Percy would be the one doing it, but he's off for counseling on Fridays so I stepped up for him. 

I excuse myself at around 8:45, telling the rest of the people at the staff table I had to prepare for the canoeing class. Everybody gives some form of goodbye except for Mr.D who chugs some more Pepsi. 

I trot down to the dock where the class starts. As I am getting closer, I hear laughter and 2 people talking. The voices are quite recognizable, and I'm confused for a second on why they're here.

Percy and Annabeth sit on the edge of the dock, their hands laced together, and their feet submerged in the water. 

I hear Annabeth say something and can not exactly distinguish what it is, but Percy laughs. She makes another comment and next thing I know they're kissing, not a care in the world.

I facepalm, and gingerly clear my throat. They don't hear me.

"Annabeth! Percy! I have a class to teach, and I don't think you 2 making out would be a good addition." I say, and they immediately jump 2 feet from each other, blushing hard. 

"Oh crap sorry Chiron. I forgot the canoe lessons were at 9." Percy states, putting on his shoes.

"That's fine Percy. Just please, use the privacy of your cabins to your advantage." I respond. 

They hurriedly exit the dock, blaming each other for me catching them.

"It was your idea seaweed brain." Annabeth says.

"But you kissed me wise girl." Percy points out.

"You kissed back though." 

"Ok, but you still kissed me."

They are out of earshot so I don't hear the rest of their conversation, but I know they won't stay mad at each other for long.

It was great timing as well because the first camper arrived as soon as the couple disappeared from view.

remember kids, if you can't fall asleep at night, you can just hit your head hard enough and you will fall asleep instantly!

*do not attempt if you breath air*

Hope you enjoyed-

PandaDude