Charlotte Taylor

Greetings. I sprained my ankle playing basketball, and I have nothing to do so I'm here. 

        The door to the Athena cabin opens, and light filters into the room. I look up from my book to see the head counselor of Cabin 6, Annabeth Chase,  walk in. I find myself irked tremendously.  She was smiling, and greeted me with a wave as she picked up a blueprint on the desk beside her bed, and started sketching. I give a curt nod back as that was all she deserved.

I knew that smile too well. She had just been with Percy Jackson, the most insufferable demigod in the observable universe. It was my 3rd summer at Camp Half Blood, and I still couldn't stand Percy Jackson. He is untidy, extremely obnoxious, seems to emulate every single Greek hero, (he isn't one) and worst of all, a son of Poseidon. I have no idea why a brilliant sister like mine would fall for a guy like him. 

The one upside about Annabeth is that she didn't force any conversations. I find myself absorbed in my book. When dinner comes around, I leave just a few minutes before her as her existence starts to annoy me. 

I am just settling down to talk with some of my cabin mates that did not have the audacity to date children of Poseidon when the cabin mate that did have the audacity to date children of Poseidon enters.

Obviously, the first thing she does is go over to the Poseidon table to converse with Percy Jackson. Weren't Athena kids supposed to follow the rules? Has she ever heard about the rivalry of Athena and Poseidon?  As the head counselor of the Athena cabin, shouldn't she set an example? I would obviously be a better counselor. There is no such thing as an Athena and Poseidon kid bonding at all. The relationship has to be toxic.  

My half brother, Malcom, notices my angered gaze and he circulates his eyes. (ew that sounds creepy. I'm keeping it in) 

"Why are you so mad about Percy and Annabeth dating? Athena and Poseidon have a rivalry, their children don't have to." He says, and I try to refrain myself from scoffing.

"Yes, their children do. And remember Malcom, I fought beside them in both wars. I've seen how their relationship has progressed. It's not good." 

"You didn't even fight in either war. You just 'strategized' for 2 years." He says.

"Yes, I did fight! I killed a cyclops." I fire back, completely forgetting about Percy and Annabeth. How dare he suggest I wasn't a major role in both wars? I don't fully realize it, but I'm already on my feet.

"You outran a cyclops. You broke the rules to stay where you were, and thought you could take down a fully grown Cyclopes. You're lucky Pollux knows how to throw a spear or you would be running for a while." He retorts as he stands up as well. 

"I lured the cyclops for Pollux to finish him.  It was all a plan! That kill was 90% because of me!"

The whole cafeteria is staring at us now, but I don't back down. 

Malcom sighs. "Believe what you want to believe, Charlotte."

"So you're admitting that you don't have a response? Are you backing down from a debate because you know you're going to lose? You sound like a child of Aphrodite, Malcom, not Athena!" I yell, and I hear a bunch of gasps coming from the Aphrodite table. I realize I've made a mistake when tons of bracelets, chains, shoes, and hairbrushes fly towards me, all direct hits.

I run out of the pavilion, dodging the jewelry being thrown my way. Thankfully, they don't pursue me.

I storm into the Athena cabin, fuming. Why hadn't anyone done anything? I was obviously the victim in this situation. I didn't do anything to offend the Aphrodite cabin. I stated a fact. They are weak and can never win an argument. (She's absolutely right though. It's not like some of them have a gift where they can persuade people with their voice😂)

I try to read some more of my book for a while, but I can't stand the thought of seeing my cabin mates again so I retreat to the beach where their usually isn't anyone.

But alas, my luck doesn't continue. As I approach the beach, I see 2 figures holding hands, walking near the edge of the water. Usually the average couple wouldn't bother me, but when I near, I come to realize the 2 figures are Annabeth Chase and Percy Jackson.

Their backs are turned to me, but I hoped they would see my withering glare. Could they go 4 seconds without showing affection? I hear Annabeth laugh, and know it must be fake. I feel bad for her for a second because she obviously doesn't see Percy Jackson's true colors. But then it fades away as I remember how snobbish Annabeth is. A voice in the back of my mind nags me to go tell them their relationship is toxic, and that they are both cocky, and they would break up in a month tops.

A normal person would most certainly give into that urge, but I am a child of Athena, the best Olympian and Goddess of wisdom. I am smarter than that. 

My hypothesis on them breaking up will definitely come true eventually. If I have to guess, it would happen during their first year in college which would start in a few weeks. When Annabeth comes  back that summer, not only would I not have to deal with Percy Jackson and her again, but since she would be heartbroken and lost, I could challenge her to a duel and become the head counselor of the Athena cabin. Even though I am quite humble, I have to give myself some credit for my genius. 

Despite the weird looks I get from my cabin mates that night, I go to sleep with a smile on my face.

                                                        ***

The tip of Annabeth's sword touches my throat, and I give up. 

"Fine, whatever." 

She gives a small smile, and I can tell my cabin mates watching are trying to hide theirs. 

Despite what I had thought and much to my dismay, Annabeth and Percy did not break up. When they came back for their final summer at Camp Half Blood (mine as well) after their first year of college, I challenged Annabeth to a duel no matter how happy she was.

And even though I would never admit it, I lost. Badly. 

She definitely cheated though. 

Hey you made it to the end. Have a cookie🍪. To be honest, Im not saying Im going to fully return. This thought just popped into my head and I didn't have a lot to do today so. I really don't know what my updating schedule will be like. Sorry about that, but I have exams coming up and some of my folks aren't in the best place right now and I gotta support them. 

Hope you enjoyed-

PandaDude