Sparring

AN:why the frickity frick is my story ranked #12 in percabeth oneshots? Anyways,here's a one shot:

Annabeth Chase and Percy Jackson circled each other. This was their first spar of the day. It was 5 o' clock in the morning at Camp Half Blood, but both of them were up. The harpies had agreed(grudgingly) that the 2 of them could be out of their cabins at night. It had happened way too often before so they just started to allow it. 

Percy struck first. Riptide plunged at Annabeth,aiming for her side. Annabeth was too quick. She deflected the blow,and tried to roundhouse kick Percy. Percy ducked just as her foot went over his head. This went on for a while. Percy going on the offense occasionally,and Annabeth going on the offense occasionally. They both always knew what the other was going to do. 

"You're getting  tired Annie. I can sense it." Percy taunted. He was gasping for breath though.

Annabeth kicked Percy hard in the chest, sending him sprawling to the floor. Percy immediately rolled over and got  back up though.

"Don't call me Annie." Annabeth seethed as she attacked Percy with her knife. They both weren't wearing armor so Annabeth got a lucky hit and slashed Percy's left upper arm. Percy felt blood coming out of his arm. His expression quickly changed from triumphant to a dirty look. As Annabeth went in for another jab;Percy's foot collided with her ankle sweeping her off her feet. Thankfully,Annabeth didn't gash his sword arm. Percy stood up. It was extremely hard to ignore the searing pain in his arm,but he wouldn't let Annabeth win this one. 

They circled each other some more until Percy thought he had a good angle. Percy dropped his sword.

"What are you-" Annabeth wondered,but her question was quickly answered. Percy used the dropping sword trick to distract her. He kicked her hard in the shin. Annabeth fell to the floor,  cursing in pain. Percy picked up his sword slowly, and approached Annabeth. He was certain this spar went to him. But of course, like any Athena kid, Annabeth had a back up plan. 

  As Percy was about to press his sword to Annabeth's  throat,she kicked up from underneath him,and he tripped. Percy got back up just in time to block a thrust from Annabeth. And like always,the spar didn't end until an interruption.

       "What happened to you two?" Chiron wondered out loud as he trotted into the arena. Percy and Annabeth were both in the middle of the mat,drenched in sweat,and bleeding profusely in multiple areas. They broke apart from their fight as Chiron came in.

"It's 6:30! Please don't tell me you've been sparring since 5 like normal?"

"Uhhh...yes?" Percy winced as he said this. 

Chiron muttered something inaudible in Greek,and demanded both Annabeth and Percy to get to the infirmary. 

"And no more sparring until further notice!" Chiron shouted as the couple headed out of the arena. 

"You were so about to lose." Annabeth exclaimed as they opened the door to the infirmary to see a surprised Will Solace. 

"Nope! I was totally about to overpower you!" Percy shot back. 

"What happened to you too!" Will Solace shouted over their arguing. 

"We sparred a little bit too much." Annabeth told him sheepishly. Will groaned. He just wanted a day off to spend with Nico. 

"Lay on 2 of the beds while I get some ambrosia and nectar. You guys are staying here for a while." Will commanded them. 

"This is all your fault kelp face. You suggested we spar at 5 in the morning!"

"Yeah...yeah it was. But at least we get to spend the day together!" Percy replied cheekily. 

"My worst nightmare." Annabeth responded.

Percy scoffed. "Says the person who says they love me all the time."

"I lied." 

But as they drifted off to bed that night in the infirmary ,Annabeth still mumbled a "Love you seaweed brain," before she conked out from the painkillers. 

And like always, Percy responded with a "Love you too wise girl." 

AN:my brain is too into fluff mode,a mortal meet will be next. Peace-

PandaDude