Eric Flint

Oh my goodness gracious. Butter my butt and call me a biscuit.  It's the 69th chapter. Big funny. The  picture above has no relevance to the chapter whatsoever, but it's DaBaby. As a convertible. In the 69th chapter. And this story has 6.9k reads. This couldn't be more perfect

Entry: 7/27

      To say I disliked Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase would be a understatement. Everybody time they passed, anger boiled up inside me. Hot red anger. Anger that was hard to control. The problem was I can't release it.

He is so insufferable. Him and his friends. Him and his girlfriend. Him and how everybody loves him. Sure, he went on some quests. Sure, he saved the world a couple of times. But he is so overrated. His ego is so inflated. He just wants to up his resume. It's so obvious, but no one will look at the facts anymore. 

She is so annoying. Always tried to correct your fighting stance, always pointing out something that no one cares about. Sure, she's smart, but like all Athena kids she's smug about it. Doesn't like you unless you be nice to her. Like, how does that work?

The camp needs to take off the rose colored glasses.

I end the sentence with a period with such force that it went through  the paper.  I sigh, and toss the notebook under my blanket. Even if someone found it, they would not think much of it. The first few pages were notes from the Greek class taught by Butch so most people would just wave it off. Truthfully, the note book was the only place I could vent. 

"Hey Eric, want to go play some basketball?" My half brother, Fritz asks.

"Yeah sure." I say, getting up from my bed. As sons of Ares, people instinctively back off when we walk off. Our physiques, expressions, and presence is enough to scare off the toughest demigods. I have only ever been in combat twice before, but I definitely am a menace to the demigod society.

Fritz picks out a ball, and tosses it to me.  I drive to the rim, putting up a easy lay up. Of course it went in. We decide to do a 1v1, and I win 21-9 casually. I was the best basketball player, fighter, and person at Camp Half Blood. Maybe not fighter. But it was definitely close. 

I'm about to school Fritz on how to dribble when I overhear some other campers talking about someone returning. It catches my interest so I have to eavesdrop.

"Yeah, Percy  is going to be ecstatic.  He doesn't know she is  going to be back earlier." A girl says in a low voice. Oh no. A Annabeth and Percy reunion after not seeing each other for like a week. Another reason I disliked them. So exaggerated. 

"Definitely. I can't believe Annabeth  had to go on another quest. Like can't they give her a break?" A boy says, and I almost flip out. I am right. They are talking about the loser and her boyfriend. 

I try my hardest to not deflate the basketball then and there with my bare hands. As a Ares kid, I could do that.

"You ok?" Fritz asks, and I scowl at him.

"I'm fine." I lie, and we get back to working. I am showing a Fritz a epic spin move when I see someone walk over the hill from the distance. The blond  hair is too recognizable. Annabeth Chase  is back from her  quest.

I point it out, and I claim I'm going to "greet her." Fritz takes a bathroom break so I'm all alone.

I head towards the hill. I don't think anybody has seen Annabeth  yet other than Fritz and I. Perfect time to show her the way of Ares. I don't know who I hate more. Annabeth or Percy. Honestly, they are both so annoying. 

"Hey Annabeth!" I say, when I am only around 10 feet from her.

"Hi Eric?" She says warily. Her and I aren't always on the best terms.

"How was the quest?" I ask. She's  only 5 feet away now.

"Good. Thanks for asking." 3 feet away.

"Good to hear." I conclude before sticking my foot out right as she is about to pass me. She trips over it, and tumbles down the hill a bit before catching herself.

"Why did you just trip me?" She asks, and I almost burst out in laughter. She looks so funny when she falls. 

I'm about to give some excuse to say it is on accident when I see 5 more people come up the hill. Leo, Malcom, a Hecate girl named Sophie, a Demeter boy named Adam, and Percy Jackson at the front. None of them look happy.

Percy is the first to reach me, ignoring Annabeth's requests for letting her deal with it.

"Who  do you think you are Eric? You just trip her after she's got back from a hard quest, and then don't even apologize?" Percy asks, and I almost cower back in fear. Percy Jackson's glare isn't for the faint hearted. 

"It wasn't on purpose!" I defend myself.

"So you  just randomly stick your foot out?" Annabeth cuts in.

"I didn't! You must have tripped over a root or something!"

"Your story doesn't add up. You say you wasn't on purpose implying that you tripped her, and then turn around and say she tripped over a root." Percy points out, and I realize I'm screwed.

"Look man, I'm sorry." I let out, and I immediately want to take it back. Saying sorry as a Ares kid was not normal.

"I don't accept it, but thank you." Percy says, continuing to glare at me. He walks over to Annabeth and they exchange a few words. He asks if she's hurt, and she responds no with a kiss on the cheek. Something about being a over protective boyfriend. 

I don't watch the scene for much longer. I decide I am too embarrassed, and cross the tree border.

I hear someone call out bye to me as I leave , but I don't really know who. And I don't really  care  either.

"Show me Jane Flint,Manhattan." I say, throwing a drachma into the puddle on the side of the road. 

"Can you pick me up mom? I want to go home."

 sorry if that was anti climatic, I just wanted to get this chapter done. 

Hope you enjoyed-

PandaDude