Christmas

Wait #5 in mist? #1 in Percabethoneshots? Wait r u guys ok? This is not what I signed up for. 5 OUT OF 2.3K STORIES? Wattpad tripping I swear 

         "Why are we doing this again?" Percy asked, pulling into the mall.

"Because it's Christmas, and your mom is coming so we should decorate seaweed brain." Annabeth said, leaning back against her seat.

"She never cared about Christmas decorations though. And the Knicks game is on is 10 minutes." Percy complained.

"The Knicks have sucked for 10 years. (Warning: There will be a lot of knicks slander this chapter because I don't like the knicks. Knick fans; read at your own risk) It won't matter." Annabeth reasoned.

"Fine. I guess you're right. We don't even know they still have a tree though." Percy said, admitting the Knicks were hot garbage. 

"There's still hope though. They opened it pretty late." Annabeth said.

Percy parked in one of the few opening spots at the end of the  packed mall, and started walking to the massive array of buildings. Thankfully, the mall had a small courtyard during Christmas season where they had trees on sale. 

Annabeth found Percy's hand as they walked, and he grinned at her. Like they expected, every store was packed with people. Some talking, some shopping, some trying to shush their crying baby while embarrassedly looking around to see if anybody was watching. No one said it, but everybody knew that the baby would grow up to be a Knicks fan. 

They found the courtyard relatively easy, with all the signs and advertisements for it throughout the mall. 

The tree sale had only been open for 2 days (told to them by a sign at the entrance), but only 4 trees were left. 

The person at the entrance welcomed them and  showed them the options. 2 were relatively small, one seemed to be almost leafless, and another that was a little thin. They decided that the thin one, and another person working at the sight said they would deliver it to their address. Annabeth gave it to him while Percy checked the Knick's game on his phone as it was beginning. 3 minutes in, and they were already losing 15-4. Classic.

They picked up some more Christmas decorations on their way out. Some ordainments, a light wire, and a rug for the tree. Not to mention some holiday themed food as well.

They left the mall not soon after, hands full with items. Annabeth drove back this time as Percy called his mom to confirm the time she was going to come on Christmas Eve, which just so happened to be 2 days away. It was honestly surprising they could get a tree so late in December.

Percy confirmed the time to be 6:00PM when Sally arrived as they reached their apartment. They unloaded the multitude of stuff they had when it started to snow. 

"Oh perfect timing. All the lights will be snowed on." Percy said,  rushing inside to preserve them as much as possible.

All the other items were in a bag so Annabeth just shielded the bag inside her jacket as she followed him.

"Time to decorate." Percy said as she entered,  putting up a ribbon on the doorframe. 

"I thought you didn't like decorating when you were younger." Annabeth said. It was their first year out of college so this was the first time she really spent Christmas with her boyfriend. They both wanted it to be special.

"My mom didn't. Well, she did, but sometimes we couldn't get the most of them. I really liked it though." Percy explained.

Annabeth remembered how Percy was not the best off financially when he was younger, and kissed him reassuringly.

"I think we'll be able to afford this time." Annabeth whispered.

"Hopefully. The Knicks can't though with their damn salary cap." Percy joked, and Annabeth laughed. That was one of the things she loved about him. He could always lighten up a situation.

                                                           ***

The clock had just struck 6:01 on Christmas Eve when the couples doorbell rang. They were snuggled up on the couch, watching Christmas movies when Percy got up to answer it. 

"Hey mom!" Percy said, hugging her as she entered, and shaking hands with Paul.

"Hey Percy! So good to see you!" She said.

"You too." He said as Annabeth got up to greet Sally and Paul too.

Sally hugged Annabeth as well, complementing her on her hair. Paul just asked how she was doing which Annabeth responded with good. 

They talked throughout their dinner, ranging from how bad the Knicks got blown out 2 days ago to Sally congratulating  them on how they put up the  decorations throughout their apartment.

The night flew by, and Sally and Paul stayed a bit longer to talk with them over dessert. 

It was just past 8:00 when the older couple left as the babysitter for Estelle's  shift just ended. Percy and Annabeth finished the movie before falling asleep in each other's arms. They both had secretly put  gifts under the tree for the other earlier that day so all they cared about right now was being with each other.

And they were.

Yessir writing a Christmas chapter 3 months early

Hope you enjoyed-

PandaDude