Snowed In

Annabeth eyes fluttered open, but she had no intention of getting up. Percy's arms were wrapped around her, his eyes still closed. She brushed a strand of hair out of his face, and smiled. Her smile quickly turned to a confused look though when she heard the tat tat tat on their bedroom window.

She turned over (not removing herself from Percy's grasp though), and looked outside. Well, she couldn't see outside. Their whole window was covered in thick white snow. Annabeth smiled once more. It hadn't snowed in a month. 

"Oh cool snow." Percy's voice said from beside her.

"Oh you're awake." Annabeth noted, and faced him.

"Yep." Percy replied, and pecked her lips. 

"I don't think we'll have work today because of the obvious blizzard, but I'll check." Annabeth said just as her phone pinged.

"Yep, that's a email from my boss. We're off." Annabeth said, relaxing into Percy's arms.

"Yeah, my co-worker sent a me a text.  Off as well." Percy said, and lightly kissed her forehead.

"What do you wanna do?" Annabeth asked,  tracing random patterns on his chest.

"I don't know, what do you want to do?" Percy asked, readjusting his position so he was leaning his head on the palm of his hand.

"Well, I thought you would have thought of something to do! I have nothing." Annabeth laughed. 

"Uhh, I'll guess I'll make some coffee. You want the usual?" Percy said.

"Yeah sure." Annabeth replied. 

Percy made the coffee while Annabeth checked the weather.

"Damn. -6 Fahrenheit right now. It doesn't look like it will get any better until tomorrow." Annabeth quipped, leaning against the kitchen island.

"Well, I guess we're snowed in for the day." Percy said, handing Annabeth her coffee.

"Thank you kind sir." She said smiling.

Percy smiled back, and the two find each other's lips.

"Maybe being snowed in won't be so bad." Annabeth whispered.

"Maybe it won't." Percy whispered back.

                                                             ***

"Percy! That's way too much flour." Annabeth groaned.

"Sorry! I accidentally tilted the bag a little too much." Percy admitted.

The couple was currently trying to make brownies, and they were having some issues.

"It's ok." Annabeth said as she preheated the oven. "Lemme help."

Annabeth walked over to the bowl Percy had mixed decently, and stirred it a bit more. Percy watched in awe as the bowl that was brown from cocoa powder,white from flour, and yellow from egg yolk turn into an all brown mix.

"How did you do that?" Percy wondered aloud.

"There is such a thing as stirring in more than one place seaweed brain." Annabeth said, and started to shape the brownies to go on the tray.

"You're making fun of me." Percy pouted, and threw some flour at her.

Annabeth looked at him, her face fake hurt. She then grabbed a handful of the flour and threw at his face. 

Percy narrowed his eyes. "You're going to pay for that." 

And with that, started the the ingredients wars.  Egg yolk, cocoa powder, sugar, especially flour, was all scattered around the couples apartment, and their clothes. 

It took a while before the brownies were finished. 

I know this chapter was poorly written, I just wanted to write something. Sorry for the lack of updates lately, I don't really have a excuse. I think I can get a chapter out by this Monday, not sure though. Hope you enjoyed-

PandaDude