Reading

Thank you to PercabethForever31   for the votes. Why their name isn't orange I have no idea. They should come up if you search for them though. Here's a one shot:

Relaxed. Only way Annabeth could describe it. Percy and her were sprawled across their dorm couch. Annabeth was laying on her back against Percy's abdomen, each doing their own thing. Percy was making shapes with with the water from a glass beside them, and Annabeth was flying through some classic literature. It was nearing summer vacation, and both of them were low on homework. It was a Saturday anyway.

"What are you reading?" Percy asked, lightly kissing Annabeth's forehead. 

"Pride and Prejudice." Annabeth replied, her eyes still fixated on the pages.

Percy rolled his eyes, and stated, "Isn't that the 4th time you've read it read since we met." 

"We met 8 years ago Percy, reading something 4 times in 8 years isn't extreme at all." Annabeth reasoned.

"Yeah it is." Percy said, and wrapped his arms around Annabeth, "We stayed up until 3:00 last night. I'm going to sleep." Annabeth blushed at the comment. Staying up until the middle of night watching movies and cuddling with Percy was not something she was proud about.

It was only 2:00 in the afternoon, but Percy was soon sound asleep. Annabeth smiled as he mumbled, "I love you," before nodding off. The suspense of Pride and Prejudice quickly grabbed her attention  though.

Only an hour later, Annabeth finished her book. Percy was still asleep, and she didn't feel like waking him. She snuggled into him, and tried to go to asleep. It was not long before both of them were asleep. The stress of being in college, being a demigod, and homework was long forgotten. They were just two 20 year olds enjoying each other's company. 

                                                                          *1 year later*

"What are you reading?" Percy whispered, peering over Annabeth's  shoulder. A thick book was on Annabeth's desk, and her grey eyes were reading through it.

"To kill a mockingbird." Annabeth responded. 

"Bo-ring." Percy said in a sing song voice.

"You just don't appreciate good writing." Annabeth exasperated.

"Yes, I do actually. One of my favorite books is by Ernest Hemingway." Percy said.

"Now what would that be?" Annabeth questioned.

"The old man and the sea." 

Annabeth laughed, and kissed Percy's cheek. "Please tell, what is the old man and the sea about?"

"Uhhh...we read it for 7th grade literature I don't remember." Percy admitted.

Annabeth laughed even more, and they shared another kiss. 

"Any way I can get you to read it again? It's a good book." Annabeth murmured against his lips.

"Yeah. Run through the halls of New Rome screaming, "I'm a chicken,Bok Bok!" Percy said as they broke apart. 

This time, they both fell over laughing. 

"Sorry Percy, no can do." Annabeth said as she gathered her senses. Percy smiled, and they kissed once more. 

wow you made it the end. Have a banana 🍌 

Hope you enjoyed-

PandaDude