Kendra Emerson

*insert witty authors note here*

      "Percy."

The boys eyes snapped from his locker to mine. His brilliant green eyes etched into mine, a trace of confusion in them.

"Yeah?" He said. 

"So I heard your girlfriend just moved here a few weeks ago?" I said.

"Mhm." He replied.

"What's her name again?" I asked.

"Annabeth. You should meet her sometime." He said,(not knowing I had already met her)and then grabbed his stuff before heading to class. Annabeth. What a witch.  No girl could  just get close to Percy Jackson and not face me. I would have to break them up.

I passed by Percys locker, dreaming that  it held pictures of me. As his best friend, I feel like it should have, but it didn't. 

I tried to think of plans to get Annabeth and Percy to break up, but I knew it was going to be hard. Jessica Post got embarrassed when she tried something. Supposedly she said something like Annabeth kissed a jock. Pretty stupid. If I was going to break up Percy and Annabeth, I would have to not let my presence be known.

As the school bell rang  to signal the end of the day, a brilliant thought came to my mind. Annabeth  had walked up to me before the period and told me that to try to distract Percy from his locker so she can put something in it. It was probably some valentines note.(AN: this takes place in early February)On the first day Annabeth moved, I befriended her immediately because I knew she was Percys girlfriend. We only shared one period together, but we were friends. I guessed Annabeth never talked about me because Percy didn't know I knew her. So as a friend of both the two, I could easily break them up. 

I found Percy at the back of the school, waiting for Annabeth so they could drive home. Annabeth told me to only distract him for a minute because she only needed to slip the note in his locker.

"Hey Kendra, you wouldn't happen to know where a tall blond girl is? That's my girlfriend." Percy asked.

"Tall blond girl? No, no I haven't." I lied.

"Ok I'll go look for her." Percy said, and started jogging down the halls. 

"Uh maybe she's just finishing up in the bathroom?" I said. 

"No,Annabeth would text me that then." Percy called back, and kept jogging. Yes! My reverse physiology worked. Percy would find Annabeth at his locker putting something to it. He would obviously become suspicious, but once she said something special he would smile and they would walk off. Little did they know I had a plan. 

  I ran towards Annabeth at full pace, taking a detour. If Annabeth asked me why I failed to distract Percy, I would say he was too stubborn and that I tried to run to warn her, but I was too late. It really was a great plan. And it worked.

I watched from afar as Percy found Annabeth shuffling through his locker. A few people watched and stared at the scene wondering what was going on which made it hard for me to see. I made sure that I would grab my handy dandy cyanide and "silence" them the next day. (AN:that is a joke to all you confused  pumpkins out there. Kendra isn't a murderer lmao.) 

I couldn't read their lips, but like always they walked it off. Percy would of course check his locker tomorrow. All I had to do now was wait for everybody to leave.

I hid behind a tree until everybody left. It was in the field too so no one really came near. It was pretty boring, but I knew having Percy as a boyfriend would make it worth it. When Annabeth and him broke up, his only option left would be me.

As soon as I saw the last car move out of the lot, I made my move. I walk to Percys locker, and open it soundly. Good thing I saw his lock code a few weeks ago. I open the locker up, and find Annabeth's note. I pull it out, and replace it with mine.

Dear Percy,

I am sorry to break your heart, but I can't hold it back any longer. I cheated on you. The identity of the person I cheated on you with wants to remain unknown so I will respect their wishes. I hope you can forgive me, and we can continue our relationship.

-Sincerely,Annabeth

That was my incredibly well written note. I knew Percy would immediately break up with Annabeth once he saw it.  I cackled is I ripped Annabeth's note in 2 and threw it into the dumpster. I had to head back to Percy's locker because I forgot to lock it again though. While I was just finishing rummaging through it(to look if he had any pictures of me), I hear a voice say,

"Kendra, why are you going through my locker at 6:00PM at night." The voice rang through the hallway. It belonged to the one and only Percy Jackson. 

I ran all around the school trying not to get caught. It didn't last long though as 4 strong arms yanked me back soon enough. Wait,4?

Annabeth and Percy stood before me, cold glares on their faces, directed at me. Percy held up the fake note to my face.

"Did you just try to put a phony  note in my locker to act as Annabeth's?" Percy asked furiously.

"Uhhh...umm...nooo no no. And why are you guys here anyways?" I stutter out.

Annabeth quipped in, "Sure you didn't. Also, I left my backpack here accidentally so Percy and I were going to pick it up when we saw you."  Sarcasm was dripping venomously from her tone as she said "Sure you didn't."

"Shut up you witch!" I screamed at her.

Percy gasped. His eyes were a swirling pit of rage, but he seemed to be holding it back. "Don't talk to me. You're not my friend. Leave us alone. Forever." 

Percy pushed me away. Not enough to make me fall, but enough to make me stumble back. This time, I'm the one to gasp, more hurt by Percy's words than the small push.

As the couple walked away, I heard Annabeth tell him what the actual note was about. He smiled at her, and they kissed, probably just to piss me off. I flipped them the bird as I solemnly walked away.

Only good thing  I found out about that experience is that good boys are bad people on the inside, and that I should have entirely switched to bad boys a long time ago. I actually hit it off with a bad boy, Jace Ace. He might be physically and verbally abusive, but I still love him! 

 I've been working on this for a few days now. Hopefully, a new chapter will be out tomorrow.  Hope you enjoyed-

PandaDude