The breakup

Time skip: 5 days after arriving

Piper and I were watching a movie. My phone buzzed beside me, it was Timothy

Bubba❤️: we need to talk

Me: sure baby what is it?

Bubba❤️: you need to call me

I got up and piper looked at me whining "where are you going this is the best part" I smiled at her "just pause it for a second. I'm taking a call from Timothy" I walked out the door and called him "hey baby how are you?" I heard him sigh "look Everly I care about you. A lot. But I can't do this anymore. I've been here for a while and I met someone. One thing led to another and she's so perfect" I looked down with tears in my eyes "what are you saying Timothy?" I heard silence, just as I was about to speak I heard him "I'm breaking up with you" my heart sunk. We were supposed to last forever. We were the power couple. My heart went cold. Why would I ever think I could trust him? "I'm sorry" he spoke. He sounded fine. He sounded happy but what about me? Every single promise he told me was a lie. Empty. I should've known better. I hung up without saying another word and went into the dorm. Piper watched me "what happened?" I looked at her then grabbed my gun bag "I'm going to the range to hit some targets" I walked out before she could respond.

I got to the range and walked up to the desk. A man approached me from behind the desk "hi my name is Denver what can I do for you today?" I faked a polite smile "may I have a box of bullets and a 15 yard range?" He smiled "yes, may I see your CCW?" I took it out and he handed me my things. I got to my range and started shooting.

The paper came back to me after I emptied a couple mags. I hit the x almost every time. I did the routine a couple more times before gathering my things and leaving.

I felt a lot better. Tactical gun training helped me stop thinking. I knew when I got back piper would drill me with questions. Where I was, what happened on my call, etc. I made it to the dorm and walked in piper stood up and hugged me as I dropped my bag to the floor "I was scared you weren't going to come back" I hugged her back "why did you think that? I told you where I was going" she let go and looked at me "I heard Everly. Are you ok?" I cracked my knuckles, I really didn't want to think about him. I played it off "yeah I'm fine, I'm over it". Piper sat next to me "come on Eve you know that's not true" I stood "no it's fine. I should have seen this coming right? A man falling in love with the messed up girl from middle school. Nothing has ever been happy ever after for me Piper. It always ends in pain. And I mean that's ok. It has to be ok. I can't live my life begging someone to want me. I spent years begging my birth mom to love me and I can't do it anymore. It's too tiring Piper. I'm just to tired!" She looked at me in shock and went to hug me. I feel into her arms and whispered sobbing "why does this always happen to me?" She rubbed my back "I'm sorry Eve. I'm so sorry"

I laid in my bed the rest of the day, turning the promise ring he'd gave me when I was in high school around my finger. Piper tried to get me to eat several times. I couldn't. I was falling deeper within myself. The pain was just to real. It felt like I was 10 years old again. When I learned my mom didn't want me anymore. That she'd just given me up like some piece of property. Classes started in 2 days. I didn't want to go. I didn't want to be in college anymore. It took me so damn long to tell Timothy all my secrets. For me to feel safe with him. I don't think I can do that again. I'll just stick with piper and stay away from everyone before I get hurt.

Days went by and before I knew it, it was Sunday night. I had Russian class tomorrow. I'd only eaten like twice in the two days and I hadn't slept much. Piper wouldn't leave my side. She knew almost everything I did in the last few days. She probably even knew how many times I blinked. What she didn't know was my panic attacks and flashbacks were coming back. Creeping their way into my head. The nightmares were flooding my mind the last two nights. Lucky Piper was a heavy sleeper. I felt so alone. Timothy was my rock. I was able to sleep knowing that if I did have a nightmare he would be there to take my call. Don't get me wrong piper was a good friend. Over the years my night terrors became more violent when I had them. Only Timothy knew. I didn't want to tell her. My night terrors scared her. I curled up in the corner of my bed and looked at the window. Insomnia became my friend in the night the past 2 days. I was losing myself.

Ok next chapter we will get some Natasha Romanoff action I promise. I just needed to build the plot.

As always, I love you and thank you