Try and forget

Everly's POV

I woke up to my alarm. I had some time to get myself together before class. After showering I grabbed my things Ivy looked at me "I'll see you after class" I hugged her "bye" she looked at my hand "your still wearing his ring?" I looked at my hand "oh....yeah. It's just for show" before she could say anything else I left.

I walked into professor Romanoffs class and looked at the ring on my finger. I pulled it off and threw it in the trash along with my gum and sat at a desk. The teacher watched me. I took out my notebook and put the date at the top. She spoke up "dobroye utro klass" (good morning class) I answered "dobroye utro ,Miss" I looked around and sunk into my chair. I was the only one who answered. The teacher tilted her head and walked up to my desk "ty uzhe govorish' po russki?" (You speak Russian already?) I shake my head no and she smiles "khorosho, togda" (ok then). She turned her attention back to the class and said good morning in English. I knew that was a lie but I wasn't about to look like a smart ass in front of the other students. For the rest of the class I stayed silent, taking notes and doing my best to make minimal eye contact. I didn't raise my hand for answers, or to ask questions.

An hour later class ended. As I was picking up my bag I noticed I was the last one in the class. I sped walked to the door then the teacher spoke up "Everly?" I spun around "yes miss?" She stood against her desk "you lied to me earlier" I looked down and chewed my tongue. I know bad habit but I do it when I'm nervous. She held up a ring "you dropped this while throwing out your gum" I looked at the ring "I meant to throw it out I don't need it". The professors demeanor changed "I'm sorry then" she put it in her coat pocket. I tilted my head and fixed my bag on my shoulder "so am I" she smiled "so back to my first question, you know Russian?" I sighed and smiled "ne propustite, ya ne" (no Miss I don't). She cocked her eyebrow, I spoke again "thank you for class" I walked out.

Ok yes she was pretty but I was just getting over a breakup. I did however enjoy messing with her. I didn't like people knowing much about me. It's also not like I could hide the fact that I could speak Russian. I can't bite my tongue all year. I also know that the more I bitch off the more people will stay away. And that's what I needed right now for her to stay away. I walked into my room and Ivy looked at me "I thought I was going to walk you back?" I tilted my head "you weren't out there" she looked at me "yes I was I watched everyone leave. I thought you left early" I smiled "ohhhh yeah sorry the teacher kept me after" she sighed "what did you do now?" I acted offended "I didn't do anything, I spoke Russian and I was the only one who answered. She asked if I could speak Russian and I lied but also didn't lie. I don't know I ju-"
she interrupted "just bitched off so she would stay away" I sighed "yeah" she looked at my hand "where's the ring?" I looked down "oh yeah I threw it out" her eyes went wide "you what?! We could have sold that dummy!" I grabbed her hand "ok chill I'll get it back" she mimicked me "you'll get it back. You threw it away Eve!" I smiled "well not exactly. My Russian teacher has it" she looks at me "how does she have it?" "She took it out of the trash thinking I threw it away on accident, Tried to give it back, I said no, and she put it in her pocket" I looked up at her "just get the ring ok?" I smiled "ok I will...dory" she laughed.

Natasha's POV

So the new student speaks Russian. She's not a very good liar. She chews her tongue. She's a pretty girl. Just got into a breakup given the ring. She likes to bitch off. Not a smart move with me. I would like to get to know her more. She's different, highly intelligent. I could tell by the way she listened. Normally students don't intrigue me but she did. I'll give her a test tomorrow. Different from the others. More sophisticated. Then we'll see if she knows Russian or not. I started writing the test.

Everly's POV:

I was staring into space thinking about how I'm supposed to ask for the ring back. I mean she's intimidating. Anyway I'll get it back somehow. Piper broke my concentration "hey you ok?" I smiled "yeah I'm fine" she frowned "I don't believe that" I looked down "I'm ok. I'll get through it I always do" piper pulled me into a hug. I hugged back knowing that she'd be the only person I hugged for my life. I didn't know if I could ever trust anyone again. Love wasn't something that I got lucky with I guess. I don't mean family kind of love. I mean I want to spend my life with you love. So before I get hurt I should stay away from that damn teacher. Why was I attracted to her?! She's my teacher!

Now we're getting to some action!! Thank god. Next up is the test. See you in the next chapter

As always: I love you all and thank you