enemy right under her nose

Thank you @SimpForScarlettOlsen for the idea------------ Where we left off! 

Natasha's POV:

I walked into the hotel with Everly. Her weak frame leaned against mine. I rubbed her back as I talked to the receptionist about a room. Once we had gotten one I carried Everly to the room. She laid against me. I kissed her head "princess you need a shower" she only nodded but stayed where I left her. I brushed hair out of her face and kissed her head then started to undress her. She let me, sitting there in a daze. I finished undressing her then carried her to the bathroom. She leaned on my shoulder as I started the bath. 

Once it was warm enough I gently placed her in and knelt by the edge of the tub and began to wash her while placing kisses on her arms and shoulders and head. She just looked gone. I had only seen her lost like this a couple of times but this was really bad. Luckily she hadn't smoked or drank anything. I finished bathing her and dried her off. I put her in one of my shirts and placed her in bed. It was the state of silence that scared me. It meant she was thinking, and no matter how hard I tried to pull her out of this deep hole I couldn't. The training I'd received over the years allowed me to learn and navigate every look an individual gives off. And right now Everly was scared, pissed, hurt, and sad. I wanted to pull her out but the thoughts in her mind were holding her captive. 

So for now I laid beside her and pulled her into me then began rubbing her ear. She relaxed into me and let out a deep breath. I smiled and kissed her head "I'm here now baby" she looked up at me "I love you baby" my heart exploded and I rubbed her cheek "I love you more"

-Time skip-

Everly had been asleep for two and a half hours when my phone rang. I frantically picked it up and answered, afraid I would wake Everly but it failed. She stirred and looked up at me. I smiled at her and pet the top of her head then kissed it. A man spoke "Agent Romanoff? this is the Detective on Piper's case. We need you to come to the hospital her vitals have rapidly dropped" I sat up and grabbed a better top and bottoms for Everly "coming sir. Give me five minutes" he hung up and I looked at Everly "baby you need to get dressed" she didn't ask questions and started dressing. I grabbed my badge and placed my gun in my back letting it rest in my waistband. I called for SHIELD backup. 

I ran into the room with Everly and saw Piper being stabilized. I looked at the doctor "what happened?" she was fixing the blanket and the nurse looked up "her sutures ripped miss" I looked at her "how is that possible?" Timothy spoke "she moved" I looked at him then opened Pipers eyes and closed them "she's still in her coma" he folded his arms and stood back. Something wasn't right. The look in his eyes was pure evil. I looked at the doctors "may you please exit the room for a moment?" they all left and I looked at Timothy "what did you do" he played innocent "I'm sorry?" I glared at him "I know what ripped stitches and torn out stitches look like. Talk" he smiled and sat "I pulled them out" Everly ran past me before I could get a grip on her arm

"you son of a bitch. I'm gonna kill you!" she screamed as she was punching and kicking him. I left her. He deserved it. I pulled out my phone "SHIELD protocol 6-1-6 alpha victor. Backup ETA?" they burst through the door just as I finished speaking and I held up my hand signaling them to wait. I spoke to Everly "Remember what I taught you about your core darling" I watched her fix her core and she threw a more powerful punch. I mean yes she was currently beating a guy but that was her fucked up Ex boyfriend and like I said he deserved it. After another thirty seconds I grabbed her and held her back with my arm "don't ever touch Everly nor Piper again" I growled Blood spilled down his face and he mumbled "unless we get her we will never stop hurting those she cares for. She got her parents killed and her friend hurt. This is all her fault" I grabbed his face and held Everly back with my other arm "who?" he grinned and I punched him "answer me!" he spit out blood "Hail Hydra" I socked him in the face one more time then looked at the guards "don't give him an inch. Put him in an containment module and two guards on him at all times. I'll finish here then come back to finish this discussion at the compound" They nodded and I watched as they dragged him away. 

I turned to Everly who had fallen to the ground in sobs. I knelt down beside her "shhhh baby he's gone now" she clung to me "I-I killed t-them" I pulled her face so she was looking at me "baby you did not kill them! you did not hold the knife" she cried "b-but Timoth-" I cut her off "baby he is a bad man and he's trying to get in your head" she cried and I held onto her and cooed "shhhhh I'm right here baby" she held onto me and I pulled out my phone and called Tony

 "hey we need a plane to the Trauma center in Zurich" he spoke "is it Everly?! is she hurt!?" I held her closer to me "No but it's her friend. She's not safe in this public hospital, she's safer in SHIELD custody" he spoke "ok I'll send an extraction team" I rubbed Everly's chest to improve her breathing and spoke back "thank you. And Tony we have a man by the name of Timothy coming into our custody. Possible Hydra agent. Put him in the downstairs cell" he spoke "ok but you better come back soon to debrief us" I answered "ok" 

Once I had hung up I put my focus back on Everly "baby look at me" she cried and shook, I lifted her face to me "I c-can't bre-breathe" she muttered and I blew in her face "blow on me" she cried "it's tingling" I pressed her head in my chest "listen to my heartbeat" she laid there for a couple minutes then soon regained a steady pace in breathing. 

I ran my fingers in her hair "there you go baby.....that's it.....good girl....shhhhh that's my strong girl" I cooed as I felt her body relax. 

She looked up at me a couple minutes later and spoke "he killed them....and h-he said Hail Hydra. You said they weren't good people" I tucked hair behind her ear "I know baby. I promise I will get to the bottom of this. In the meantime we need to get Piper ready" she tilted her head "ready?" I nodded "I decided to transfer to one of our Trauma centers within SHIELD. There she will be safe" she wrapped her arms around me "thank you Nat. I love you" I hugged her tight "I love you more love. Now lets get going"

SHEESH THAT TOOK A TURN. I hope you all enjoyed!

As always: I love you all 3000 and thank you