The things she wished to forget

Where we left off!!!

Ok but this is sad and fluffy all at the same time. Anyway

Natasha's POV:

I picked Everly up and took her to our bed. She curled up in my lap and took a deep breath. I kissed her head and she spoke, playing with my ring "my mom was an alcoholic and an addict.....my dad left when I was seven....they would uh...do things to me. The scar you touched was from him breaking a bottle and cutting me with it. He was wasted. Anyway mostly my mom would beat me. My father only did when he was drunk....My mom died when I was ten. I was put into foster care" she looked down with tears in her eyes. I rubbed her back "how many homes baby?" She sniffled "fourteen...three of which were failed adoptions. I was adopted at 16 by my friend's parents. I think they just took pity on me" I sighed "baby...did they ever hurt you?" She looked up "the foster homes?" I nodded and she spoke "yeah....they'd say a lot of shit. I lived my life with bruises. I'd steal alcohol and cigarettes from the houses. I had to learn to protect myself because no one was ever there to protect me" I tilted her chin up "that's why you know high skills like the combat and the shooting and the knife throwing huh?" She nodded and I kissed her head "I'm here now baby. What did you remember?" She shuddered a little "my parents were fighting one night and I was in the bathroom hiding from them. My mom came in and beat me. I don't know what I did.....I don't wanna remember anymore"

By this point she was sobbing. I gently rubbed her back and decided I'd refrain from asking questions for the night. I rocked her gently and stroked her forehead "I've got you baby, your mine" she clung to me "please don't let me go" I kissed her head "never babygirl. I've got you"

Everly held onto me and I eventually calmed her back down. I grabbed the lavender oil and rubbed it on her wrists. I sat behind her and braided her hair then laid her in the bed "I'm gonna turn down the temp ok?" I saw a smile ghost her face. I'd learned in this short time that Everly loved sleeping in the cold so I would crank the AC and then cuddle her. She mumbled "mommy?" I stroked her hair "yes moya lyubov'? (My love)" she intertwined my fingers into hers "thank you" I smiled "for what hun?" She scooted into me "for not running away when you hear my shit" I kissed her cheek "well baby I know what it's like to feel like a monster and that you're unlovable" she sat up and tilted her head "what do you mean mommy? Did someone hurt you to?" I pulled her head back to my chest "yes baby but I'm ok. I've come to peace with it" she placed her hand on my chest "what happened?" I sighed

"I went through a training. I was made to become an assassin. I'm not an ex cop baby. I'm part of a team now that are like my family. I want you to come with me because the people that hurt me may be able to hurt you and I can't let that happen. You mean to much to me. So please come"

She nodded "I'll come mommy" I smiled and kissed her head "that's my girl. We'll finish the semester and then leave ok? I'll protect you" she giggled "ok" I smiled "ok baby sleep, you've got to go back to the dorms tomorrow and I want you well rested" she giggled and I saw a mischievous grin on her face I kissed her "what's that look for baby huh?" She giggled "nothing" I rubbed circles into her back "ok love. Suit yourself" I played in her hair and she eventually fell asleep. I rubbed her cheek and smiled "you are so precious" I fell asleep too.

-Time skip-

Everly's POV:

Get over here you little bitch! I told you not to run! Where's my shit?! You know what that's it get outside!

I sprung up gasping for air. The rain hit the window just as it did that day in my dream. It was heavy and cold. I remember that day, my birth mom had lost her drugs and couldn't find them. I rocked back and forth crying when I felt a strong pair of arms around me

"Shhhhh I've got you" Natasha's soothing and loving voice poured into my ears. I turned into her and buried my head in her chest, she rubbed my back "bad dream again love?" I nodded and she held me "your ok. Your with me" she cooed. I melted into her "can we turn on some train sounds? I like to listen to them" she nodded "of course baby, the rains bringing back a memory?" I nodded "I normally love rain but right now I don't" she kissed my head and turned on the sound from her phone "there you go babygirl, now sleep for me" I smiled and sleep consumed me once again.

Natasha's POV:

I rubbed her ear and peppered kisses all over her face and shoulders. She smiled a little in her sleep and it made me melt. I thought about what she'd told me. How painful her past was. I looked down at her "baby I know your sleeping but I will do everything in my power to help you with your future. I love you so much. Your the best thing that I've ever had and I'm not letting you go"

I pulled her into me and massaged her shoulders which made her relax. I smiled and kissed her neck "goodnight my angel. Thank you for sharing" I feel asleep holding her close to me.

SOFT NAT. TEASING CHAPTER COMING UP AGAIN!

I hope you enjoyed this! I know it was probably boring but it was a character building chapter!

As always: I love you all 3000 and thank you