locket

Where we left off!

Natasha's POV:

Everly came out of the bathroom in her sleeping shorts and my shirt. The locket around her neck. She crawled into bed beside me and laid her head on my chest. I picked up the locket from her chest "what's this?" she snatched it out of my hand and stuck it in her shirt "nothing babe" I looked at her "baby didn't we just talk about not keeping anything from each other anymore?" she looked at me "mind handing me my bunny?" I held it "mind answering my question?" she looked at me and tears formed in her eyes "please just give me my bunny" I looked at her "babe" she wiped her tear "if there's one thing I need you to drop it's this" I rubbed her cheek "baby I don't want to drop it if it's hurting you" she just kept her hand held out for the stuffed animal and I handed it to her "thank you" she mumbled and she held the plush close to her chest. I kissed her head "you know I love you right?" she nodded "of course babe" I nodded and ran my hand through her hair to brush it to the side of her face "and that you can tell me anything?" she looked at me "Nat it's better if you don't know" I propped my head up with my hand "but baby I want to know" she shook her head "no you don't. This ones on me. It's my issue. Besides, it has nothing to do with my life anymore" I ran my finger along her arm "then why are you still wearing it?" she looked at me "because I want to. Baby please can we just cuddle? I really need you right now" I nodded "and I'm here baby. Always. I'm right here" she buried her head in my chest and I kissed her forehead. 

After fifteen minutes she started to tremble. I knew this was coming but I didn't know this soon. I began to run my fingertips gently along her body, small whimpers escaped her mouth. I sat up and pulled her into my lap and rocked her back and forth. But her shaking became more violent. Her hand started involuntary hitting her head and I grabbed her wrist, holding it close to me while I whispered soothing words into her ear. She shook and it broke my heart. I kissed her forehead "shhhh baby, I'm right here" she trembled and I grabbed her bunny and laid it on her chest, I knew by her breathing she was going to wake at any moment. I held her head to my chest and sure enough she woke. I tightly held her "it's just me, it's just Natasha, it's just me baby girl" 

Everly looked at me for a second. I smiled at her so she knew she was safe. Everly was always so disoriented after a nightmare. It took her a minute to realize where she was. I rubbed her cheek and she looked at me, finally acknowledging my presence "hi baby, welcome back" I gently spoke as she watched my face. I smiled "you wanna talk?" she shook her head "No? ok moya lyubov' it's ok" she curled up and pushed herself into me I smiled "my princess" she shook her head and I rubbed her back in small circles "lets go back to sleep baby" she shook her head no and started to tear up, I ran my fingers through her hair "but baby you'll be so tired in the morning" Everly whined and I began to rub her ear to try and put her to sleep, she pushed my hand away and I fixed her in my arms "no baby. Be good for me" I placed her bunny in her arms and kissed her head "ok love?" she nodded and laid on me, I smiled and rubbed her ear "night baby girl" 

I watched her doze off to sleep again and played in her hair, I couldn't stop thinking about her locket. It had an 'A P' engraved on it. What did it mean. I know it's not for Timothy and it's a pretty expensive necklace. Had to of been paid for by someone because why would she buy it for herself? it took a lot in me not to go against her wishes and look at her locket. She was so protective of it. I cuddled her closer to me and played in her hair. I knew I could get her to tell me. 

-Time skip-

Everly's POV:

I woke up at four thirty and slipped out of bed. I was pissed and I needed to blow off some steam. I quietly went to the closet and grabbed my clothes and shoes then left. I would just change downstairs so I didn't wake Natasha. I wrapped my hands and began to punch the punching bag