Towa Arc - 3

Dear Togami,

I wanted to keep our conversations private, and letters are a good way to stay in contact, no? It might take more time than typing, but I think it is worth it. Seems more personal.

Things could be smoother here in Towa, Komaru has been having nightmares and losing sleep recently. I hadn't known of this at the time of writing my letter before, but we are having her take a break in order to get back to sleeping normally. Toko doesn't know how long it has been like this either, so that is troubling. Without her, things are going slower. We are currently going through the sewers beneath the city and cleaning up there. The smell is horrible, bodies all decaying in piles, flies and other things eating at their flesh. It's a gross visual, I know, and maybe I should erase it...I was also surprised at how horrified the parents are. I was expecting something more, "reasonable," but I guess someone's reaction to trauma isn't something that can be confined to "reason." I just feel so badly for these kids. Toko has no maternal instincts, and Komaru is resting, so I have had to take over the majority of caring for the children. You can probably imagine how that is going...especially trying to explain why their parents are so angry and mean. Some of the parents are still loving to their children, but can hardly deal with their own, that it is impossible to ask them to watch over the ones who have been abandoned.

Don't be so harsh on Toko, she saved you, remember?

I'm glad you think highly of me, if you can call it that. Your words made me feel a little better about getting through this. I didn't know you could be so motivational. Since you are my friend, I trust you aren't lying to me. And I will also try my best to focus on Towa. There is so much to work on here, that there isn't a moment where I can say that there's nothing to do.

Glad to hear you got a bigger space! Tell me what it looks like! Have you put any decorations inside? (I doubt you have, but still, you should consider it.) I am going to ask about what you're doing anyway Byakuya, you are my friend after all, even if you refuse to admit it. Also, you didn't answer my question about taking time to relax! Please, reread what I wrote and listen to it. Maybe you could read a fun book, or play a video game, or whatever it is you like to do when you don't have to work! I like playing video games, whatever ones that are still around. If Hiro is there maybe you could even ask him to tell your future. Tell me about whatever it is you choose to do!

Sincerely,

Makoto Naegi