Towa Arc - 10

Naegi,

I am eagerly awaiting the moment when you will return, for no other reason than to see how your scrawny arms have changed to now flex with the slightest growth of muscle. Maybe when you return and are in better physical shape you will be able to get a partner, since you'll be at least a little bit more eye-catching. Girls usually like someone who can carry them around, right?

I agree with your point about the child, he might only be infatuated with you because all other adults have lost any sense of reality.

Regarding our class, I am glad you felt slightly relieved that I share your confusion of feelings. It means that you won't be such a wreck over it, but the rest of the paragraph leads me to believe you are much a bigger mess than I had known. I can't comprehend your line of thought, you survived for a reason Naegi. You are the Ultimate Hope. You were one of the few competent ones who were able to solve mysteries. You were usually paired with someone else, be it Kirigiri or me, so the likelihood of a murder occurring then was slim. We can't go back and change the past, I had to overcome that at one point too. There have been things I used to regret, but without those errs I wouldn't be here today. You don't want to hear this, but most of the people there died because they decided to kill another. The circumstances were much different than what they were used to, so of course they would crack. It is only natural, the weakness of the human spirit. There is nothing we could have avoided, is how I see it. We survived for a reason. Don't doubt that we survived because we worked hard to live, we had the courage to continue to live. You cannot save everyone, Naegi. I think you've already saved enough people for a lifetime through your work in the Future Foundation, as well as in general. Guilt should be the last thing on your mind regarding our class. I'm sure they see your virtue and are happy you were one of the ones to continue to live and spread their hope.

It is our responsibility to find as much information as we can to carry on the legacy of our classmates.

And I don't believe you need to be smarter, you're fine as you are now, mostly. To answer your question, I do believe that one day you will be able to look back without guilt.

As I continue to converse with organizations around the world similar to ours, I realize they don't want me to attend. They believe the infamous Ultimate Hope is the only one fit for this conference, of course with some other Future Foundation members. Meaning, I don't have to go, even though I am Head of the 14th division. This is a good thing.

Snow Country is about the doomed love affair between a man of status and a geisha. It is better than many other things I have read.

By the time you receive this letter, it will be three plus weeks of you being in Towa City. How much longer until you return to Future Foundation? I am hoping that your sister's recovery speeds along.

— Togami Byakuya