International Hope! Arc - 20

Makoto,

I am hoping that a letter might get through to you when an email won't. Whatever attack that has happened at the Liberation Force might have knocked out the internet connection but the trips between Japan and South Korea seem to be going fine since we were even able to catch wind of the situation. Letters are physical, and I'm hoping you'll receive this and that you'll be safe and well when it arrives.

Are you okay? I have heard about the bombs set off at the refugee centers, the onslaught of Ultimate Despair upon the hub. I can't bear the thought that you might be in danger. I might have to come to you myself. It wouldn't be too much of a hassle, anything to confirm your safety and wellness.

If this letter finds you, (which it must), I assume you're stressed and that I should include some type of good news. Your sister has been continuing to work in Towa and has made significant progress. She is bright and hardworking, like you. Hina has also been able to spend some time with her recently, the two of them seem to be friends.

Please do send me anything that might ease our hearts at the Future Foundation. My heart has been rife with the feeling of missing you, and the uncertainty I now face is nearly killing me. I love you.

Yours, Byakuya Togami