Towa Arc - 4

Naegi,

The arrival of another letter to my office was quite the surprise, my patience of writing back won't last much longer. Feel free to email me instead of wasting your time. While reading your reasoning I couldn't help but roll my eyes. There is no reason for us to have personal conversations with each other.

I am sorry to hear of the state of your sister, I understand that must be difficult for someone as soft as yourself. I am sending my condolences, without her it will just take you longer to progress, as you have said. If it is required, I am allowing you to continue your stay in Towa City for an additional week. Just don't forget that many people request the presence of the "Ultimate Hope" where he is supposed to be. You could have spared me from the visual of the sewers. I am assuming by the time this reaches you your tasks down there have been completed, and I just wanted to remind you that taking a shower is a good idea after something like that. Good luck with those kids. I don't understand your view on the parents who have given up on their children, although it is perhaps similar to what my own father did to my siblings...the only difference is that those families do not have the noble blood of the Togami family, and they are not upheld to timeless traditions. Perhaps those adults should shove aside their foolish hatred for some kids and become parents again? Is that not the only thing they have to do at this point, since the Future Foundation is taking care of the rest of the city? They are spineless, afraid of their own children.

If there is so much work to do in Towa City, maybe you shouldn't be spending your time writing to me...But if my words are helping you motivate yourself to actually work, it can't hurt to give you some more baseless compliments. Through whatever situation, you have been able to keep your head up and push through, which is the true virtue of an Ultimate Hope. With your blind hope, you will be able to continue to restore that city.

My office looks like an office. I have a desk, papers, pens, pencils, a computer. Whatever is necessary in such a room has been provided. I am not going to consider putting up decorations, as an office doesn't require them.

I have reread what you said about relaxing like you asked, and it is still just as empty and unappealing to me as before. When I'm not working, I prepare to work, and I don't plan on changing that. And no, I'm not going to ask that idiot about my future, no matter how much you beg.

- Togami Byakuya, Head of the 14th Division