Towa Arc - 8

Naegi,

I am glad to not have to be there in Towa City. The work you described is beneath me. It is funny to picture you trying to repair a building though, with your scrawny arms. Maybe when you get back to Future Foundation you will have muscles? It would be funny if it happened, but I doubt it.

Having such a child at your side seems exhausting. I don't understand your tolerance of the child, and the kind of adoration you have described. Your speeches are nothing short of decent, and it's slightly astounding that someone so young would be enamored but them. Then again, since when do most kids have common sense? If he was even upset about that short separation, I can't imagine the scene that will happen when you leave.

I received the pictures you sent. I am not going to use them to decorate my office, or my room. If I desired to have a picture in them, it would be done by now. I had forgotten about the group photograph you had sent, when we all first received our working garments. It's no wonder you're staring at me in the photo with how well tailored the suit is to me.

When I look at the lasting pictures of Class 78th, I almost feel a sort of numbness. The memories I have with them are limited, so it's hard to connect with the version of me on the other side. I wonder if I was the same person I am now that I was in that picture, but that would be impossible because of everything that has happened. I wonder if the people I had been with in the picture were similar to the ones we know in our memories. Sometimes I wish for those years back, other times I figure it is better to just move on. I'm not sure what I feel is pain, it is very unlikely, it is more like a haze. But I'm sure I don't spend as much time thinking about our class as you do.

I don't doubt the possibility of the Foundation strengthening if united with other country's organizations, but it is almost idiotic to turn our attention elsewhere on the globe. Japan still is barely hanging on, and we have the Ultimate Hope. I'd rather focus on restoring the majority of Japan, then moving on to aiding other countries. What good would we be without access to our own resources?

The novel I am reading right now is Snow Country, considered a classic of Japanese literature. I will provide you with no comment regarding its quality.

-Byakuya