International Hope! Arc - 14

My dear friend,

By now, I'm under the assumption that we've cleared out the rest of the torture devices and weapons from the rooms we have found. It was difficult, unlike anything I've been used to, despite the darker memories that linger within me. One word that comes to me to describe it is appalling, that perhaps some of these tools would have been used to punish me, if I had ever erred so horrifically, or perhaps they would have hurt Kirigiri or Asahina. It irks me, we've even uncovered a large tank of sharks, although they are now all deceased. Sometimes in my dreams I see visions of us or our classmates suffering at the hands of some of the things we've uncovered, and I wake up with my sheets plastered to my skin with sweat. Also, thank you for your sentiments. It reminds me that I'm not quite as lonely as I sometimes believe. Though I wouldn't wish for you to be here during the uncovering of the atrocities laying still in hidden corridors of the school, it would hurt your tender heart too much. And if it means anything, whenever I read your letters I can hear your voice in my head as my eyes scan your handwriting.

The idea of a celebration of our classmates is a good one. For now, our friends rest in the freezers, until the arrangements for a burial have been made. I'm having some of the 14th division members contact any living family members of our deceased friends so that they can join when they're laid to their final rest. The only one exempt from the invitation is Kanon-that Kuwata's cousin? She fled from our sight after her last attempt of an attack, and I worry about what might happen if she catches wind of the burial from whatever dark corner she's retreated to.

I saw the orange moon, it was quite a sight to be greeted to when I went to lay my head down the other day. I wouldn't mind being sent the picture that you took even though I have seen it. Maybe then your requests for decor in my office will be able to fade away.

Your requests for Christmas seemed overly juvenile, but I don't know what else I would expect from you. I can't imagine what might be on your mind when considering what to get me, but I hope something reasonable like a new set of pens is grounding it to reality.

Please let me know how it goes when you help the refugees at the Liberation Force.

Fondly, Byakuya

("xoxo"? Seriously? I'm not sure your meaning, but I assume it's something childish)