Ineffable Arc - 3

FUTURE 9 NETWORK, JAPAN

Sengphet Lee: Breaking news as we are just hours away from Aoi Asahina's address to the public. It has been confirmed that the attack on the Liberation Force was orchestrated by none other than Kanon Nakajima, who happens to be the cousin of the late Leon Kuwata of the Hope's Peak Killing Game. So far, the Future Foundation has been able to recover 419 captives, all members of the L.F., as well as identify the bodies of 794 members of the L.F., including ones found at the Ultimate Despair bases. 103 members of institutions from China, U.S., Russia, Brazil, Canada, South Africa, India, Laos, Saudi Arabia, France, Portugal, New Zealand, and Australia have also been recovered, 43 of them being found dead. The Future Foundation also were able to find the bodies of 7 of their own members, each hanged at Kanon Nakajima's base. Other injuries those members had sustained are unknown. Their identities have not been released to the public, but they will be memorialized according to temporary Future FOundation leader, Asahina Aoi. Thankfully, Official Future Foundation Head Byakuya Togami, who helped in the search for captured people, has been reported to still be alive, and recovering in Future Foundation's Hope's Chance Hospital. Division head Kirigiri Kyoko is also recovering there, she had been captured at the attack on the Liberation Force, along with the Ultimate Hope, Makoto Naegi. Speaking of Naegi, he was recently discharged from Hope's Chance Hospital, but is remaining there at his friends' sides as they recover. All of the survivors of the Hope's Peak Killing Game have been reported to be seen in the hospital, offering solace to their injured friends. At the briefing Asahina is going to give, we expect to hear what happened to Kirigiri and Naegi while they were captured, as well as the nature of Togami's injuries. During this unprecedented time of despair, many people are wondering why Kanon Nakajima would have done this after her last attempt at an attack, and have been speculating on what prompted this one. We know that last time she was declaring this as her revenge on the Foundation for "killing her Leon," but people still believe there is more to this attack than the last time. According to leaks, there is going to be a ceremony to honor the fallen students from the Killing Game, and this may have triggered Kanon's attack. But still, there are so many questions about the events of these last few weeks. And speaking with us now, is Makoto Naegi's sister Komaru, who has been working in Towa city to help rebuild this. Hello Komaru, it is good to see you.

Komaru Naegi: It is good to see you too!

Sengphet Lee: We understand that these past few weeks have been miserable for you, without your brother. And we are all so glad that he has been rescued and apparently, having a good recovery, since he was recently discharged from the hospital. How are you and your brother doing?

Komaru Naegi: Yeah, we have been doing good, compared to when we were apart. I had already gone through being in Towa City, wondering where he was and if he was even alive. Luckily, I had a chance to see him before he left for South Korea, even though it was rather brief, and I was sick during most of his stay. But when I heard about the attack, I was absolutely devastated. I know that he is strong, but it is hard not to worry. And unfortunately, I couldn't even aid in the search for him. The week or so without him was absolutely horrible, but seeing him again, even though he was confined to a hospital bed, was such a huge relief.

Sengphet Lee: Your brother has already been discharged, but people are still wondering what happened that landed him there in the first place? Do you know why he was there and what injuries he had?

Komaru Naegi: Umm, well, he was in one of the first areas to be attacked, since he was going to help refugees who were going to go to the Liberation Force. He was injured in the blast from the bombs, I know that, and while he was captured I think he had been slashed a few times. I also think that, because of the trauma of everything, they wanted to make sure he was physically alright.