Towa Arc - 11

Dear Byakuya,

I am looking forward to our reunion as well, I never expected me to be out here this long! But progress here in Towa is still going, and will continue when I depart tomorrow. My sister is nearly fully recovered! I have been anxious to inform you, I have finally been able to spend some quality time with her. My sister is as amazing as ever, I have missed her so much. I will miss being here with her, when I can go see her whenever I please, but the Future Foundation building is a sort of home for me. That whole saying about the heart...I don't expect you to understand. Once I'm gone, Toko and Komaru will work on finishing the repairs to half of the city's buildings! We still haven't made it to districts that have been changed more drastically, but I don't see the reason to be in a hurry to get to the more...colorful parts of the city.

Also, when I leave tomorrow, I believe that boy will need no consoling. Komaru is his new idol now.

I've reread your letter over and over by now, but can barely try to imagine the sound of you saying it. Your words have seeped their way into my heart, Byakuya! You're so kind, and they have helped reassure me. In person, I know you would never bring yourself to say that to me, so the reality of you writing it out and sending it to me makes me jittery, almost. I can only hope that your sentiment that our classmates would be happy I survived to carry on their legacy is the truth. It has bothered me that I'm not adequate enough to seal their names with honor, but if someone like you thinks so, it is easier to believe.

Seriously, it is a little bit funny that they don't want you, Byakuya Togami, Head of the 14th Division to be in attendance at the conference! But it agrees with your own desires, so that is good. If they want me there, I will be there. Can you give me more details about what this conference would possibly be about? I'm sure you haven't been talking to them about how much of a great person I am which would cause them to want me to go...

Snow Country sounds interesting...if only you could tell me more about it, huh?

See you soon,

Makoto