Chapter 49

London
Tuesday

Manik was getting ready for the last meeting and then he was all set to leave.

When getting ready he got call from his Shona.

Manik: Hello Shona, How are you?

Nandini: Mani, I am fine and I see you are also fine.

Manik: Yeah I am fine, had your lunch?

Nandini: Yes, I had, you had your breakfast?

Manik: Yup. But why so grumpy today?

Nandini: No I am not grumpy.

Manik: Shona, you can't lie to me.

Nandini: I don't know myself why I am grumpy, actually I know all these days I was busy na and today there is no work at all. So that's why.

Manik: Ok mera bacha, and I know how your mood will change.

Nandini: How?

Manik: Maybe Ice cream.

Nandini: Yeah I think that will change my mood.

Manik: I knew it, I still remember how your mood instantly changed when you saw Ice cream and also the you got all red after the incident.

Flashback

Manik and Nandini were busy with the preparation for CavYa's wedding for the whole day.

Manik: Oh god this is so tiring.

Nandini: Yeah Manik, I am also tired.

Manik: Let's leave waise bhi kafi late ho gaya hai.

Nandini: Haa, chalo kal tho subah ka function hai.

Both of them sat in the Car and started towards Murthy Mansion.

Nandini was barely able to open her eyes when she saw that they were passing by an ice cream parlour.

Nandini: Manik stop the Car.

Hearing her shout Manik immediately stopped the Car.

Manik: Nandini, what happened?

Nandini: Manik Ice cream, she sheepishly replied.

Manik: God, woman why did you shout you could have said that in the normal tone too.

Nandini: Sorry, now please can I get that.

Manik: Acha come.

Nandini: I am not coming out, please bring it for me na.

Manik: Fine, wait here I will just bring.

Manik bought one ice cream and gave it to her.

Nandini just took it from him and started eating it like a child. Manik on seeing her behaving like a child in just smiled.
She immediately realised that she did not even ask him she placed the cone in front of his lips for which he raised his eyebrow asking what.

Nandini: Have it.

Manik just shaked his head sideways.

Nandini: Manik, have it see I don't share my Ice cream but you bought this for me so I am offering you.

Manik: So I am special.

Nandini: Yes, you are special now have it.

Manik just leaned to her and Nandini moved a bit back,he continued to lean and Nandini moved back and closed her eyes. Manik just lightly rubbed his thumb on her cheek where there was a bit of ice cream and sucked the cream from his thumb and got back to his position.