Chapter 101

Nandini entered the room, locked it and she turned around to look at Manik who was looking at her. She slowly came to him and sat beside him. Manik waited patiently for her to start.

Nandini: Mani umm actually every year there is this exchange program in some hospital which includes mine too. Umm some of the doctors get to go for this program where they can get some experience from the senior doctors. So this year Dean Sir asked me to go.

Manik frowned and said.

Manik: So this is good right,what is the problem here?

Nandini: Mani this is for 6 months.

Manik nodded still not getting what she is trying to tell him.

Nandini: Mani you are not getting it, it's in Chicago for 6 months. I have to stay there for 6 months.

Listening this he paused for a second and took a deep breath roaming his hand on his face.

Nandini: I am not going so I did not tell you.

As soon as he heard her his head snapped towards her.

Manik: And can you tell me, why are you not going or grabbing this opportunity madam.

Nandini: Mani, it's 6 long months away from you, away from family. I can't just ignore my responsibilities.

Manik: Tell me one thing Nandini if this situation was before our marriage, would you have gone?

Nandini: *looking at him* Mani.

Manik: No tell me would you have gone?

Nandini: Yes but Manik now it's different. My priorities have changed, my responsibilities have increased and to stay away from you for this long is not possible.

Manik: Listen Nandini we can manage for 6 months or if you want I will come with you and stay there with you but please don't give up on this opportunity. You really tell me without thinking about anything else do you want this?

Nandini:* holding his hands with teary eyes* It's not about me Mani.

Manik: *raising his voice* Damn it Nandini. It is about you and only about you. *Holding both her shoulders* Tell me one thing if the role was reversed and in your place if I had to go away for 6 months for my business benefits would you have stopped me?

Nandini: No.

Manik: Then how can you expect me to be happy knowing that you are losing on a great opportunity for me.Nandini I love you, and I want to be your strength not your weakness. I promised to be your support and here you are giving up just because we are married and you have some responsibilities.

Nandini: Mani noo.

Manik: You did not even discuss this with me and you already had your decision. Did you think that I will say no?* To this Nandini shaked her head in a no* Have I ever made you feel like I will stop you from doing anything?

He looked at her with tears in his eyes to which she shaked her head in no crying.

Nandini:*sobbing* Mani, No, you have never made me feel like that. In fact I am very lucky to have you as my partner, my support. You are my strength but you are also my weaknesses. You think I am sacrificing , but that's not the case, because I am very selfish and I can't stay away from you.How will I stay there without you for this long? You went for two weeks for tour that too in India and I missed you like hell. How will we stay away for six months that too with the time difference?

Listening this the tear which Manik was holding fell from his eyes which he quickly wiped and got up moving forward facing his back to her.

Manik: I know it's difficult Nandini but it's not impossible. If we try we can make this work. If I was in your place, you would have told me to go and made it work by hook or by crook. If you ask my opinion, which you did not bother to ask but anyways I will tell you, I think you should go it's just for 6 months we will make it work. Rest is your decision and whatever choice you make I will always support you.