Chapter 105

Soon it was already one month with both coming to Chicago and now it was time for Manik to go back to Mumbai leaving Nandini for next five months.

So now both of them laid on the sofa with Nandini on top of Manik. Both of them silently absorbing each other's presence without talking as they were quite emotional.

As they were silent Manik felt some wetness on his chest making him tighten his hold on Nandini's waist.

Manik: Shona!!

Nandini: Hmm.

Manik: You are crying?

Nandini shaked her head in a no while sniffing making him smile.

Manik: *In a teasing tone* You know I thought you will be happy being here alone.

This made Nandini look at him with a frown.

Manik: Arrey you will get to live your bachelor life here right how you used to be in London enjoying with friends without my tantrums.

Nandini: *narrowing her eyes at him* Are you by any chance talking about yourself mister because now I am thinking that you are telling me that indirectly.

Manik: Ohh you caught it actually you are right I was thinking the same I will enjoy there without you. I will get the full room to myself and also I don't have to tolerate your obsession over clean room.

Nandini: Haww Mani sachi you were thinking this?

Seeing her cute pout Manik smiled and pecked her lips.

Nandini: *Slapping his chest* Don't distract me tell me were you seriously thinking to enjoy there when I am not there.

Manik: No Shona how Can I? I will miss you so so much. It's only been 7 months to our marriage and this is the second time we will be living apart that too for this long. I don't know how I will leave there without seeing you, without worrying about you.

Nandini: I will miss you too Mani. I will be back before you know it. And most importantly now I have set my routine and you know it well so you can contact me as per it right.

Manik: Hmm.
Saying this he pulled her to him more and hid his face in her hair.

Nandini: Mani let's go inside how will we sleep here.

Manik: No I like it this way be here please.

Listening him Nandini snuggled to his chest and both of them slept there.

Morning

Nandini got up to see them still in the same position,she slowly got up and got ready for the day she entered the kitchen and started preparing for his favourite breakfast with his coffee.

She went to him and sat down beside him and kept looking at him sleeping. After 10mins Manik opened his eyes to see her sitting there smiling at him which made him smile too.

Nandini: *Kissing his forehead* Good morning Mani.

Manik: Good morning. What were you staring at?

Nandini: You.

Manik raised his one eyebrow at her to which she smiled and said.

Nandini: Get up hubby, I have prepared your favourite breakfast after that we will go out.

Manik: Really?

Nandini: Mhmm-hmm.

Manik got up and went to freshen up not before kissing her forehead.

He completed his business and soon came out and both had breakfast with them feeding each other.

As it was Sunday Nandini was busy from hospital while Manik also had no work as he was anyway going to India. They roamed around and picked some things for their families and friends for Manik to take them home. They had lunch and early dinner outside and came back home to complete Manik's packing as he has his flight early morning at 4.

Around midnight 12 they completed his packing and went to bed in each other's arms.

Manik: Shona go to sleep you have your work tomorrow.

Nandini: No please it's last day with you here how can I sleep and moreover only two hours is left for you to leave.

Manik: You are not coming with me this late.

Nandini: Why Mani? I am coming drop you.

Manik: No you are not coming and that's final.

Nandini: *making her angry* This is not fair Mani.

Manik: Baby try to understand how will you return here alone? Please for my peace of mind stay here and also it will be difficult for me to go.

Nandini: Ok but you are spending this time with me now.

Manik: Ok stubborn head as you say. Keeping this aside you have to promise me that you will take care of yourself. You will message and call me whenever possible and most importantly you will drop me a message when you reach hospital and when you come back home every single day. And when you go out be careful.

Nandini: Mani please relax this is not the first time I am staying alone.

Manik: I know but this completely country and you don't know anyone here.

Nandini: Mani we are here from past one month and I got acquainted with the surrounding pretty well.

Manik: Hmm.

Nandini: And you mister I should not get complaint from Maa saying that you are overworking or not having your food. Take care of yourself and yes enjoy your bachelor life till I come back.

Manik laughed at her last line making Nandini too laugh with him. After their laughing stopped Manik kissed her cheeks and trailed light kisses all over her jaw finally attacking her lips both of them poured their feelings in the kiss which made Nandini tear up and few tears fell on her cheeks making Manik break the kiss. He held her face kissed her tears. Nandini immediately hugged him tight and cried more making him hug her back and kiss her head.

Nandini: I will miss you Mani.

Manik: I will miss you too Shona. Please stop crying you know I can't see your tears.

Nandini hugged him tight as the response and stayed in his arms for few more minutes.

Nandini broke the hug and looked at time to see it's already past 1:30.

Nandini: Mani you go and get ready I will make you something light to eat. You must be hungry na.

Manik: Shona I am not hungry.

Nandini:Now you are not hungry but you will get hungry afterwards so have something.

Manik: Ok.

Manik got up and got ready while Nandini went to make some sandwich for him.

After completing everything now it was time for him to leave for airport. Both of them hugged each other tight and after few minutes they broke the hug Manik kissed her forehead while she kissed his cheek.

Manik: Take care ok yourself and if any problem call me anytime.

Nandini: Ok you take care of yourself and when you board the flight text me and also call me when you reach home. Have a safe and happy journey Mani.

Manik: I love you Shona.

Nandini: I love you too Mani.

Both of the hugged last time and Manik left from there giving her a last kiss on her forehead.