C40_Riposte

"Why did you want me here again?" (Name) asks as she and Adrien sit inside a cafe. She takes a sip of her bitter coffee while watching him.

"I want you to in fencing school." Adrien tells the girl hoping that she agrees on his offer.

"The reason?" The girl in front of him asks with a raised eyebrow.

Adrien looks at the table behind the girl. He and the twins make eye contact speaking wordlessly. The twins do a thumbs up giving him a boast, suddenly they cover their faces with the papers they're holding. The blond boy turns his attention back to (Name) to see her already glancing at where the twins are.

"Okay speak up." She stands up and Adrien follows her with his eyes as she swiftly pulls the twins and made them take a seat on the vacant ones in their table.

Matilda chuckles and rubs back sheepishly while averting her eyes away from her older sister. Madeline just continues eating the cake she brought.

"Well?"

Madeline explains. "Mother and Father doesn't want us two attending the fencing academy without you." After that she drinks her bitter coffee like her older sister.

"They're seriously worrying too much." (Name) signs running a hand through her hair. "Fine, since I've already mastered archery, I might as well master something else."

"Yesss!" Madeline cheers fist bumping Adrien who cheers with her. "Finally, some activity that allows me to hit someone."

=====

At Armand D'Argencourt's fencing school.

(Name) stands on the side with her novice jacket on that have a back zip so it look like a straitjacket. She also has a glove on her weapon hand and a plastron, which is a half-jacket for extra protection that goes under her jacket covering the part of her torso that is struck the most.

The twins also stand along with her wearing the same. They're watching Lavender who decided to teach them for a while.

"You can expect to develop your flexibility, becoming technically neater and physically leaner. You will also be stretched mentally, learning a set of conventions and then how to break them. Eventually, you will learn how to bash people with a saber."

"Cool, I can't wait to go bashing people." Matilda says thinking of the possibilities to have when she finally learns how to properly fence.

Lavender chuckles at this and brings out the weapon which is a saber, based on the cavalry sword, with the target area above the waist, and uses cutting strokes. "As you know, this is a saber and this will be the one you're going to use."

One of Lavender's fan came in and handed the sisters the weapons need. (Name) admires it, Matilda slashes it around trying to get used to it while Madeline tries to do the basic position.

"Blade action depends on subtle finger manipulation and it may feel like trying to write with a broom handle but it'll get easier once you get used to it." Lavender gracefully moves the saber on her hand.

She then made the sisters stretch and do the basic stance, the en garde position, which is one foot forward facing your opponent, the other pointed to the side, with knees bent in a half-crouch.

"Just holding this position really takes effort." (Name) says trying to hold the position that she's never stayed in for too long.

"I can do this all day." Matilda boasts.

"Movement is made back and forth, with a lunge to gain extra distance to strike the other fencer. Now try it." They did and after sometime, Madeline is the first to sit down followed by (Name) leaving Matilda who's still in position trying to hit her invisible enemy.