ʷʳⁱᵗᵗᵉⁿ ⁱⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵗᵃʳˢ

"It's our third year, are you excited?" Dexter asked Finn.

He was near by the kitchen table reading a newspaper and drinking some of his coffee. He looked up at Dexter and gave her a small smile.

"Yeah, I'm excited now I got to start thinking about my fathers business." He said in a sarcastic tone.

Dexter looked at him and notice how he seemed agitated about talking about his father. She nodded as he sighed and went to their bedroom. She couldn't help but think how distant he was towards her. It could be from there open relationship. It also can be from his father. Or it also can be from school since they are starting their third year.

Whatever reason it still bothers her. 

*

"Dexter!" She turned around to see Logan and Robert. They had 3 cups of coffee and a newspaper. Logan handed her a cup of coffee.

"Please tell me you and Finn aren't having an open relationship?" Logan said with a disappointment tone in face. Robert looked just as curious. Dexter looked shocked realizing that this doesn't just hurt her that it possibly hurts her friends.

"It's true." She said drinking her cup of coffee.

"Why? I assumed you both were happy." Robert asked curious about one of his friends and his girlfriend. Logan shoved him to the side by his elbow.

"It's complicated all I can really say is he seems happier." She said with a sad smile.

As they spoke about different topics they realize it was time for them to start their classes.

*

Dexter was walking around until her next class then she saw him. Her beloved boyfriend was talking to another girl. This was strange because Dexter was never really thought of herself as a jealous girlfriend. But he seemed really happy and he leaned in for a small kiss.

All she could do was walk away.

She wanted to find her twin sister, Rorys room. She hardly talks to her sister and she tries to form a relationship with her.

It's a step at least.

She walked around until she can find it as Rory gave her an address. Then she found it, she found the door that said her sister's name and Paris her sisters roommate and friend.

Then she knocked.

"Hey!" Rory said with a smile and giving her sister a hug.

Her sister welcomed her in as Paris look depressed and went into her room. Rory showed her her room showed her the TV stand. Dexter finally felt like she was creating a connection with her sister.

There was a moment of weakness for Dexter.

They had a conversation about their relationships, Rory with Dean and Dexter with Finn. Both girls started crying and started telling each other about everything. It was to the point where Rory offered Dexter to stay with her until she felt better.

"Maybe you should call him? Tell him how you feel and tell him you are going to stay here for a bit." Rory said holding her crying sister.

Dexter did just that.

She called him and told him everything, how she felt about their open relationship and that she didn't really care for it and it was breaking her heart. He didn't say much he mostly just listened it was to the point where she started crying saying how she felt like she wasn't enough for him.