ᶠⁱᵍʰᵗ ᶠᵃᶜᵉ

ᶠⁱᵍʰᵗ ᶠᵃᶜᵉ

"I got to go. I have a lunch in with the DAR at Emily's." Dexter sighed as her boyfriend just rolled his eyes.

"No, you shouldn't go. You should stay in bed with me." Finn said with a smirk.

She did exactly that. Of course, she had to call her grandmother Emily Gilmore. That she will be missing today's luncheon. That didn't go down as well she thought. Of course, because they are both women from respectable families they had to keep a respectable tone.

"Literally hate society parties." She said throwing her cell on her desk as Finn rubbed her shoulders.

*

"Rory? Can we talk?" Dexter asked her sister, she was at the pool house with a cup of coffee.

"Mom got engaged." Rory said upset, Dexter felt her heart dropped.

She isn't very close with her mother and frankly, she hasn't gotten a single phone call from her mother. but she did remember the first time her mother got engaged she didn't tell her and they didn't get any invitation to her wedding. As strange as it feels she's kind of glad that her sister is having a similar experience with her.

"Oh?" Dexter expressed confused and also wondering how her sister got this information.

The two sisters are put in the awkward situation, talking about what happened with Logan's families dinner. Also the fact that Rory hasn't spoken to her mother may be over to maybe three months at this point. It is also strange for Dexter to have a civil conversation due to her sister being in her main character syndrome phase right now.

"Just keep be updated." Dexter said with a smile.

Dexter really wants a connection with her family. She really wants her and her twin sister to get to know each other and grow to learn to except each other a lot more. She just wants someone that she can lean and that's not her boyfriend.

:)

...