ˢᵘᵐᵐᵉʳ

ˢᵘᵐᵐᵉʳ

It was a summer in Hartford, the heat was so unbearable. It made Dexter really happy that they were living in the Hayden family mansion instead of the apartment they had in Manhattan.

"Don't run on the edge, boys!" She yelled sitting in the shade.

Dexter was sitting on the side, her boys were in the pool while Gigi was with her friends in the pool house. Finn was at the bar with the maids.

"Listen to your mom!" Finn yelled out to them.

He brought piña coladas for himself and Dexter, as they drank by the poolside.

"How's Colin?" She asked, as she was drinking.

Finn sat down on his beach chair, he sighed.

"He's alright, he's been dating seriously. Which is new." He told her making her laugh.

"That's good for him. Our boys need cousins." She joked with him.

Finn chuckled but he turned to stare at his lovely wife.

"Want to have another?" He asked her.

She stopped, drinking her piña colada to stare at him. Her two boys are her twins. After them, they kind of agreed to not have anymore. As her grandmother put it, she has an heir and spare.

"Are you serious?" She asked him. 

She was getting up from her seat to look at him.

"Yeah, we have two boys. It would be nice to have a girl." He said.

She smiled at him, he put a hand on knee. This was something he wanted with her.

A family.

*

Dexter was taking her boys to go visit her grandfather from her mother side. When she arrived, there was no headstone.

"This is grandfather?" Alan asked her.

Her boys had flowers ready to give for Richard Gilmore.

"No, this is your great grandfather, Richard Gilmore." She said to them.

Dexter and the boys paid their respects to Richard Gilmore, leaving some white roses.

*

"Dexter, I need to talk to you. It's important." Her older sister on the phone.

Dexter was in her grandfather study, Rory wanted to talk to her about something very important. so Dexter invited her to come over to the Hayden family mansion so they can discuss because it sounded like a business conversation.

"Mrs. Hayden, Ms. Gilmore is here." Her maid said.

"Yes, please bring her to my office and bring us some coffee." She said.

She waited till Rory came to her office. They all hugged each other but of course it wasn't sincere. She looked outside to see her boys running around in the yard with their nanny close by.

"I have a book idea." Rory started.

Rory was explaining her whole story process that it was going to start with their mom, then lead up to Rory story. It's supposed to be a relationship between mother and daughter however, it was making Dexter very uncomfortable.

"No." Dexter said.

Rory looked really confused. She didn't understand why Dexter didn't want to be a part of her book or give her any permission to mention.

"You can't mention me or my children. I'm sorry, this is not something I want to be a part of, and I think you should leave." She said to her older sister.

Rory was trying to argue with her, that having this book was a good idea, and she would make sure that Dexter will be respected. However, Dexter is definitely didn't feel respected by this book.  Dexter doesn't want to deal with the Gilmore family anymore.

"Leave!" Dexter yelled out.

Her older sister looked at her and shocked and quickly grabbed her bag and left.

:)

...