ᵈᵉᵃʳ ᵉᵐⁱˡʸ & ʳⁱᶜʰᵃʳᵈ

Emily sometimes called Dexter,it was nice to hear from her grandparents on her mother side, Emily would take her out for lunch. Her grandfather still didn't know her at all,Emily wanted them to meet one day. So Emily invited her for dinner with her mother and Rory. They were seated at room where her grandfather was reading the paper.

"Mom, I swear it was Aunt Marine." Lorelai said to Emily.

"Aunt Marine would never hike up her skirt in public." Emily said not trusting Lorelai.

"She would after half a gallon eggnog." Lorelai said as Dexter laugh little bit as Emily gave her a look.

"Sorry Ma'am." Dexter said sitting up.

"Richard, who got drunk at our Christmas party and hiked up her skirt in front of the town & country photographer?" Emily asked as she touch her grandfather arm.

"I'm sorry, did you say something?" Her grandfather said not paying attention.

"I don't know about you, but I've never felt so fascinating in my entire life." Lorelai said.

"I'm sorry, I'm late. Hi grandpa, hi grandma, Dexter!" Rory said coming in the house she hugged her sister making Dexter smile.  Rory puts her backpack on the table to pull something out.

"Hello, Rory." Richard said putting the paper down.

"Now he closes the paper." Lorelai commented.

"Mom, I stopped by the bookstore on the way here." Rory said pulling out some books.

"You got them?" Lorelai asked happy.

"I got 'em." Rory said showing her mother the books.

"Got what?" Emily and Dexter asked.

"Rory and I are planning our Europe trip." Lorelai said to them, Dexter went to Europe with her guy friends, lets just say it was mostly doing pranks and parting.

"The day after graduation, we are gone." Rory said taking a seat between Dexter and Lorelai.

"well, that sounds very exciting." Richard said, Emily looked at the books not sure.

"Lorelai, what are these?" Emily asked looking through the books.

"Those are guidebooks." Lorelai told her.

"'Europe through the back door' 'the rough guide to Europe'--what kind of books are these?" Emily asked and Dexter knew right way what her sister and mother were going to do in Europe.

"Ma'am it's  the cheap way." Dexter said making Lorelai and Rory smile.

"They have information about backpacking and hostels." Rory said conforming.

"Backpacking and staying in hostels?" Emily said not likely the idea.

"Who's backpacking and staying in hostels?" Richard asked, taking off his reading glasses.

"We are." Lorelai said, her grandparents looked at one another and started to laugh at them.

"No, you're not." Emily said.

"What a ridiculous thought." Richard said.

"We are. We're going to backpack around Europe." Rory tells them.

"Yes, I know it's fun to tease your grandmother, dear. They're going to backpack across Europe, Richard." Emily said, she turned to look at her husband.

"I heard sounds delightful. Perhaps we should join them." Richard said mocking them.

"That sounds wonderful. Tomorrow I'll go out and buy some cutoffs." Emily tells him, Richard let out a laugh.