ⁱ'ᵈ ʳᵃᵗʰᵉʳ ᵇᵉ ⁱⁿ ᵖʰⁱˡᵃᵈᵉˡᵖʰⁱᵃ

Dexter was panicking in the cab, Finn was holding her hand as she cried softly.

"He was just telling me that he was proud of you." She said wiping some tears off her face.

Finn did his very best of telling her gently of the news of her grandfather in the hospital. Her relationship with her mother side family is pretty strain and very complicated. However, Finn knows that she really does care for them.

As they enter the hospital, they can clearly see her grandmother pacing around, and her mother doing her best to calm her grandmother. Rory looking all panicky.

"Dex." Rory said holding her.

Booth girls cried holding each other, Rory then started explaining what happened to him. They were all waiting for more news from the doctor. Logan came from work to visit the family. Finn and him went to get drink as the Gilmore Girls went to visit Richard.

"Feel free to ask me any questions you might have." The doctor said to the women. 

"Are you the one who will be performing the surgery?" Emily asked him.

"Yes, along with a team. I'll be the chief surgeon." He said to her grandmother.

"And where did you go to school?" Emily asked him.

Dexter and Rory made glances at each other with that question.

"I'm sorry?" He asked confused.

"You did attend school, didn't you?" She asked him again.

"Mom." Lorelai said but Emily gave her a glance.

"Uh, no, it's okay. Yes, I got my BA at Yale. I went to medical school at Harvard. I did my residency at Columbia Presbyterian before I became chief of Cardiothoracic surgery here." He said to them.

He let them to the room where Richard Gilmore was at. It felt so surreal to Dexter, because she knew her grandfather on her father side was sick so she was able to visit him before he passed. Her great grandfather passed to the old age and major heart disease he had.

So it was strange when the women went to go visit, Richard Gilmore.

A tall man, with strong confidence, and a charming smile was put in a hospital bed. It felt so surreal seen him so helpless.

It was so strange, seeing Emily Gilmore, looking so panicky and stressed, considering she's a woman of elegance and poise. Dexter held in all of her comments and just gave her grandfather charming smile and held his hand.

She waited for him as she and Finn were sitting together. Finn got her some coffee and some muffins for her and her family.

"He's going to be okay." Finn said holding her hand.

Emily gave them all different jobs, her sister and Logan went to the Gilmore house with the deal with the fish. While, Dexter and Finn had to deal with Richard Gilmore's teaching assistance.

"Yes, Mr. Gilmore will be well. I will make sure that he looks at these projects." Dexter said.

The teacher assistance, all listen to her as they did their best to keep up with the class material and make sure that they stay on track. The couple was back in the car with Finn driving.

"Finn." She said softy.

He turned to look at her and made a 'mmm' sound.

"Thank you, thank you for being here." She said to him.

He gave her a soft smile that she returned. He put his right hand on her knee to rub it gently.

"Of course, darling." He said as he drove back to the hospital from Yale.

They went back to the hospital as they all waited together with her mother, giving them occasional milk duds. The doctor came and told them how her grandfather was going to be well and the surgery went amazing. 

They all went to go visit him and listen to Maggie Blues together. It made Dexter happy to see her family on her mother side together.

"He's a good man." Finn said to her.

She kissed him gently as they stood by alone together. Emily was talking with the doctors as her sister, Logan, and her mother went with her.

:)

...