ʰᵒʷ ᵐᵃⁿʸ ᵏʳᵒᵖᵒᵍˢ ᵗᵒ ᶜᵃᵖᵉ ᶜᵒᵈ?

"Hello?" Dexter answerd her phone while Colin was getting dress and Finn naked on the bed.

"It was horrible." Logan voiced rang on the phone.

"Oh, what happened? I thought your parents liked Josh?" Dexter asked worried as she was making some avocado toast.

"My mom blew up on poor Rory, it just was horrible. By the way, my mom mentioned how I should be with you instead. It was just not great." He ranted to her making her stop.

"What the fuck? I should call my sister." Dexter said with a signed.

The Huntzberger Family is very complicated. She understood what Logan complicated relationship with his family. She also knows that her poor sister was not prepared for that dinner. She listen to Logan rant about his family with him ending the phone call saying that he was going to talk to her.

"Logan?" Colin asked her a cup of coffee as he was watching Dexter make them breakfast.

She told her friend everything that Logan told her. He was in shock that Logan's family would say that in front of Rory. They both talked about how it would be different if they had mentioned it to Logan on the side but not in front of her sisters face and how rude that was.

"God, I hope she doesn't run. Logan really likes her." Colin stated making Dexter agree.

*

"I'm so sorry." Dexter told her sister.

Dexter could see that her sister was not in the mood for this ugly conversation. Her sister made in the face of annoyance that Dexter could clearly see.

"I don't want to talk about it, especially not with you." Rory said upset and walked away from her sister.

Dexter's heart dropped. She felt like she was finally connecting with her sister and this was a major setback for them. She knows she shouldn't be the sensitive but she felt tears coming.

"I'm sorry." Dexter said softly.

*

Dexter was feeling very emotional. Yet she still did her part as a head family member of the Hayden clan. She immediately sent out a engagement gift to Honor and Josh.

"Yes, please make sure that painting gets sent to my grandma." Dexter said on the phone. Finn walked in the apartment holding a bag of Chinese food. She smiled looking at him as he put the food down on the coffee table.

"Yes, thank you." Dexter hang up the phone. She sighed to face her boyfriend and sat next to him.

"I heard what happened. I'm so sorry, how did your conversation go with your sister?" Finn asked, he could see the tears whining up and his girlfriend's eyes knowing that the conversation between them didn't go well.

"Oh no, what happened?" He asked, Dexter told him what happened and how she was feeling about the whole situation. He knew that it wasn't Dexter's fault but Logan's family thought of her. She was the perfect girl to bring home and she comes from the most prominent family in Connecticut.

All he could do was comfort her and hold her and she cried and they ate Chinese food. He tries to be supporting of her but every time Dexter connects with the Gilmore side of her family always leaves her heartbroken.

*

"Dexter!" She turned around to see Mr.Huntzberger near her front door.

She put on her fake smile, closed her front door making sure it was lock.

"Mr. Huntzberger, what can I do for you?" Dexter asked him.

"I just want to apologize, my family didn't act civilly with your sister and I just want to say sorry. Logan should have known better." He spoke with a small smile.

"I see, thank you for the apology." Dexter accepted it, the Huntzberger family is a great connection.

"I see you are still with the second Morgan son. I have told Logan that he missed his chance with you." Making Dexter chuckled uncomfortably.

"Yes, Logan and I are just friends. I'm happy with Finn." She said with a fake smile but suddenly brought her hand a little closer to her chest to show off the family crest ring that her boyfriend gave her.

They just spoke about the Hayden law firm how grateful that their family is for helping them with Logans troubles in the past and possibly in the future.

*

"So you're dad came by." Dexter said to Logan.

"Oh god, what happened?" Logan asked as he was looking for a lighter.

The two friends were hanging out in his dorm apartment room just smoking a couple blunts together.

"That he was grateful for my family firm for helping your troubles and that you shouldn't lost your Vince with me." She smiled with her joke attitude.

He gave her the lighter, she said a thank you as she lit the blunt. He smirked as she passed it to him.

"He's right, I did lost my chance." She stopped moving and faced him.

She was not ready to have this conversation with him again. She fully knows that she is with his best friend, Finn. She also doesn't want any problems with Logan she's been his best friend since she first got into Yale.

"Please." She said making him pass the blunt to her.

"I just wanted to see what it would be like." He said as he kiss her lips. She pushed him away and put out the blunt.

"I need to go." She said leaving his place.

:)

...