ᵗʰᵉ ᵖᵃʳᵗʸ'ˢ ᵒᵛᵉʳ

ᵗʰᵉ ᵖᵃʳᵗʸ'ˢ ᵒᵛᵉʳ

"Grandpa, I promise everything is going well with Finn and I." She told her dads parents.

"He better!" He said, after an hour of having a conversation with her grandpa everything turned out great.

Conversations with her grandpa always made her happy. He was a hard man, yes, very hard to please and always was very super judge mental.In a strange way he was there for her more than her actual father. He always made sure that she was provided for and that she had the best of the best.

She wanted so desperately to follow his footsteps. She didn't go to Princeton like he wanted. Instead she went to Yale, her grandmother went there. She was gonna become a lawyer just like her grandfather. Her grandmother also own the side businesses of air conditioning units. It wasn't something she was interested in but it was great to know a little bit some thing about air conditioning.

"How's your grandpa?" Finn asked while giving her a cup of coffee.

"He is doing great, he also just wanted to check up on me." Dexter told her boyfriend.

Finn, he knew how much Dexter adored her grandparents especially her grandfather. He also understood that she had a very complicated and rough childhood with her father. He never liked getting into great detail about it because it always made her so depressed.

"That's great." He said giving her a kiss.

*

"Gigi, you promise to be a good girl?" Dexter asked her sister. Dexter was on the phone while she was making her way to class.

She likes calling her little sister every once in a while. Her grandparents don't really like her younger sister but she always try to make an effort to get to know both of her siblings.

"I promise when I get time off, I visit you."

This was true because Dexter always try to make time to go visit her younger sister. Her dad was very  much so struggling on how to be a parent to her. Her younger sister is a lot different than she was when she was a child.

"I love you."

With that the phone call ended and she was getting prepared for her next class. She was coming close to the end of her for years at Yale. Then she would have to be applying for law school.

*

Dexter went to Logan's apartment as he just sat on his couch listening to loud music. Her beloved boyfriend and his best friend, Colin went to make sure that they had some alcohol before they went to some event.

"So, you and Finn?" Logan asked.

"It's getting better. He's trying." She said with a smile.

"I sure hope so, he would be the biggest idiot to lose you." He stated making Dexter blush.

*

The group we're having their fun that was until her mothers parents called her.

"Richard, how is your evening?" Dexter asked her grandfather.

"I'm doing well, I hope that you are having a fine evening as well." He responded in a polite tone.

Dexter try to have a relationship with her mother's parents. She already knew though that her grandparents from her mother will always favor Rory over her. She can't blame them though because that something out of her control.