Chapter 59: The Rise of Famine

Long ago, before the gods won the war against their parents, the Elders, they were losing terribly. Despite having powers similar to the Elders, none of the major gods were able to defeat them.

The Great Elder War was one of the bloodiest and most destructive wars in history. Despite the new generation, created by the gods, knowing nothing about this war, the ones before them, those created by the Elders, remember it very clearly.

The countless deaths and destruction brought on by the war would forever remain in their memories. Some of that damage during the war was brought on by some of the gods' secret weapons.

Due to the Elders being too powerful for the gods, they decided to fight fire with fire. Upon this declaration, the gods used the essence of the elders and created weapons of mass destruction that turned the tide in the war.

One of the gods most dangerous secret weapons, aside from their endgame players, the Twins of Destruction, were the four forbidden beasts. They were handcrafted by the goddess of darkness herself and forged into one of the most dangerous beings in the whole world.

Aside from being called the Four Forbidden Beasts, they were also called the Four Beasts of the Apocalypse. They were called this because their very existence brought upon the end of the world.

Each beast represented a form of calamity that brought chaos upon the land of the gods and elders. There is one beast who has the form of a giant snake that brings with her a devastating famine that starves her enemies. The second beast who has the body of a massive tiger that brings with her never-ending war and conflict. The third beast, who's body is that of a giant and grotesque spider that brings with her disease and sickness. And the last beast, who has the body of a large black crow and brings with her death itself, for she is death.

Each beast carried with them a calamity that plagued the world during the Great Elder war. And it was thanks to those beasts along with other means that helped the gods win the war against the Elders.

However, after the war was over and the Elders were sealed up, the gods feared what kind of chaos the forbidden beasts would bring on the world they would now rule. Because of this fear, they decided to seal up the four beasts so they couldn't cause any trouble.

Thanks to the four beasts being made from the Elders' essence, they were just as immortal as they and the gods were. Thanks to this, killing them was virtually impossible. Sealing them up for all eternity was all they could do.

And so, the four forbidden beasts were sealed up in different locations from one another, never to be seen again...that is until a certain someone showed up in the distant future.

...

There is a Beastfolk kingdom called The Temperates Kingdom, which laid between the Hybridia Kingdom where the Beast King, Ghef, resides, and the Port kingdom known as The Aquavell Kingdom. In this kingdom laid a temple in the middle of their territory that dwelled there for thousands of years.

None of the residents know of the temple's origin, only that the beastfolk and any other citizens of wary of the ancient site. It gives off a malicious atmosphere that steers away anyone nearby, including animals and even monsters.

The temple lives in a town called Great Lakes Town, and like it was addressed earlier, none of the townspeople there ever go near the temple. Due to the beastfolk heightened senses, they can sense something very ominous coming from the place and steer away from it.

So, why would there be a town established near this dangerous-looking temple site? That's the mysterious part. It seems that despite the temple's imposing presence, the town area holds great vegetation.