Chapter 70: The Battle of Great Lakes Town Part 1

The moon was full and high in the sky as it illuminated the ground below. Instead of it giving a more serene image, I couldn't help but feel nervous with the full moon in full display.

I guess I can't help it since we were about to charge straight into battle. 

After telling everyone where Famine was located, we soon set off to get over there. We were currently flying in the quin as we raced towards The Town of Great Lakes.

While we were heading there, I talked to Zemmi about that weird experience I just had while linked with Famine. I wanted to know who that British Lycan was and why he was able to interrupt the link with Famine.

However...what Zemmi told me about it didn't exactly make me happy.

"Man, I totally forgot about those two!" Zemmi grumbled. "I should've known since that stupid seal was pretty much loose."

"Exactly who was that Lycan? And what did you mean by 'those two?'" You're telling me that there's another one of those guys that can hack into a wendigo link like I did?

"Right, I guess I should explain," Zemmi sighed. "That guy you met while linked to the wendigo was Ukwtakun, an Alpha Wendigo. Unlike the wendigos we've already encountered, Ukwtakun is a lot stronger."

"Are you serious?"

"Unfortunately. Other than Ukwtakun, there's also his sister, Maram. She just as bad as her brother, and both of them have just as big of an appetite as their mother.

Seriously? There's something like that? According to Zemmi, this Ukwtakun and Maram are the first wendigos, which is apparently a spirit that possesses people. Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse.

"So, compared to a regular wendigo, just how strong are they?" Since we're likely going to encounter them, I should know their weaknesses.

"Extremely," Zemmi answered with a grim expression. "Not only that, but those two are smart along with their predatory instincts. While the regular wendigos are known for being the Ultimate Hunters, you could say that the Alphas were the First Hunters. Bottom line, fighting them will be a lot more difficult than a regular wendigo."

"Great..." Just my luck. And here I thought my only problem was going to be that damn witch. This just keeps getting better and better, huh?

Well, for now, I shouldn't worry about that. I need to prepare for my upcoming fight at the town of Great Lakes. While I was talking to Zemmi, my parallel minds have been using [Map] and [Monitor] to inspect the surrounding area.

So far, they haven't found anything. We were closing in on the town, so it'll only be a matter of time until things get serious.

For now, we should prepare. I looked behind me and noticed everyone before were currently preparing for the upcoming battle.

That's when I noticed something strange...

"Hey, Vlad, are you okay?" Since the ship was on autopilot, I left the driver's seat and went over to Vlad, who was looking far paler than usual.

"Hmm? Y-yeah...I'm fine."

Yeah, you're not fine. Despite assuring me he was, I could tell he was breathing heavy and looking paler than a ghost. I wonder what's going on with him.

"Vlad, when's the last time you drank blood?" As soon as I asked this, Vlad jumped, telling me everything I needed to know. "You're kidding me. Did you already run out of the vials I gave you? Maybe you are going through a growth spurt."