Chapter 28: The Request

After we completed our quest, Thana and I started looting the bandits hideout. We found a secret room in Hector's throne room where he stored all his treasure.

There was a mountain pile of coins from Bronze to Gold. There was also valuable items and treasure like chalices, necklaces, rings, etc. It kind of reminded me of when I ransacked Derk's base and took all of his gold.

You know, with this much treasure, our quest reward paled in comparison to this. I wonder if we have to turn this into the guild or keep it? Maybe we can just refuse the reward since we got a better hull.

A while of looting later, we finished up and left the bandit hideout. And, to make sure that no bandits in the future try to make a home here, I destroyed the base with earth magic, collapsing the entire structure.

I made sure to keep my promise to Thana from earlier and brought out the Motorbike from before. We then rode through the grass plain again with Thana raising her arms in the air with joy.

I need to make some modifications to the [Map] spell. Although it's useful, it's still incomplete according to Desmond's notes. It said in his notes that if it were completed, I could also appraise items along with other useful features.

I'll have to decipher the rest of those papers that involve the spell so I could finish it. Although I was prepared for a fight, appraising items would definitely make a different.

Aside from skills and stats, enchanted weapons are definitely a hazard to me despite how strong I am now. Take Zemmi's Backbone, for exactly. She nearly killed me with it if Kenos hadn't jumped in.

If I know what kinds of weapons my opponents are packing, I can make plans to deal with them instead of just waiting for them to show it off to me. Although Hector's blade was no match for Thana, I don't want to deal with another Backbone.

While I was pondering over this, we were closing in on the city. I didn't want people to get scared and or interested in the bike, so I stopped about a couple kilometers from the city before teleporting the bike back to the garage.

Thana and I then walked back the rest of the way to the city. I suggested that we use [Gate] to get closer to the Guild, but Thana refused. She wanted to the treatment I gave Arri and Amy and walked together with her.

Like with them, I didn't see an issue, so I decided to just walk with her in the city. While on our way to the guild, we stopped by a couple food stands to get something to eat. It was around noon when we got back to the city, so all the stalls in the Market District were open and bustling with people.

Thana was enjoying herself, eating tasty food and walking around, so I was happy that she was having fun. We soon arrived at the guild and entered.

At the counter with a receptionist, we explained what happened on the quest to see what we can do about the reward. We didn't really need it after looting the bandits base, so we wanted to come up with an alternative.

I honestly didn't feel obligated to tell the guild all of this, but I wanted to be fair since I got plenty of stuff from Hector's base. I mean, earning a few gold coins after getting more gold from the hideout seemed a little excessive.

Once the receptionist heard my report, she called a couple of her colleagues and talked to them. It seems they were discussion what they should do about the reward.

After a little bit of talking, the receptionist attending me looked back with a smile on her face.

"Due to the report you've given us, the loot you received from the Bandit's hideout is more than enough to make it your reward, so the quest reward will be voided. Also, if possible, we would like you to donate twenty-five percent of your spoils to the guild. If not twenty-five, then twenty percent will suffice."