Chapter 118: Fate Part 3

This is really getting annoying...

When that damn Seer told me that I needed to get to Tora and Anri quick, I didn't think it would be because of this. After giving my answer to Sayuri, she said I needed to hurry over to them before it was too late.

And now I see why. These two were in a damn fight. And that attack I just blocked from the two of them was no joke either.

My body was straining against the two of them as they kept pushing forwards.

"Damien...?!"

"Why are you here?!"

While Tora and Anri were confused by my presence, I used that time to grab Anri's sword and then tossed her over to Tora, sending them both to the ground. The both of them groaned as they tried get up.

When Anri saw me holding her sword, she started freaking out.

"Damien, you need to let go of the sword now! Otherwise Shuten is going to possess you!"

Shuten? Who the hell is that?

Hehehe...a worthy host~

I suddenly heard a voice through my head. It sounded feminine and sinister. Then, I felt my hands shaking a bit. Like they had a mind of their own.

That's when I realized what was happening. The dweller inside Anri's sword was trying to possess me.

Give in to me, boy~ I'll give you power. All the power in the world~

The dweller whispered into my head, tempting me to give in to it. However...

"Sorry, bastard, but I already got an Elder inside me. I don't need one of her distant siblings taking residence too."

Y-you...!

[Too bad, little dweller. The boy made his decision~] I heard Kenos speaking to the dweller with an amused tone.

"Kenos, show yourself,"

At my command, The first elder appeared before me. I then tossed Anri's blade that had the dweller inside it.

"Keep that thing busy while I handle those two. "

"Got it~"

"Thana, you stay with Kenos, okay?"

[Right!]

Thana then turned into her human form and stayed with Kenos. Meanwhile, I had two people to deal with.

Leaving Kenos and Thana, I walked over to Tora and Anri. They were just getting up from the ground as I approached them.

Before I showed up, they both appeared to have transformed. Tora was in her beast form while Anri was in her third demon form; the one with the wings.

However, now that Anri didn't have her sword, she couldn't draw power from the dweller, so she was turning back into her base form. As for Tora, she was turning back as well, looking a little exhausted.

As Anri got up, she looked at me with a glare.

"Why are you here, Damien?"

"Why?" I questioned. "You two left when we still have training to do. You do realize that we only have a few more days before we rush off into war, right?"

There was only a few more days before the war against the demon lords started. Now wasn't the time for their little fight right now.

"Come on, we need to head back to the Palace so we can continue training."