Chapter 89: A Night In Askon

We were now being guided over to our rooms in the temple where the Jade Empress resided. Although I can't use [Map] or [Monitor] at the moment, so I couldn't really get a layout of this place.

I know we went up some stairs, so this temple likely has more than two or three floors. After going up about a couple of floors, we were now at our destination.

"H-here are your rooms," Fuzuki stuttered. At least she didn't bite her tongue this time.

We were introduced to our rooms which had a sliding door leading inside. What we saw inside the room was a rather simple but nice-looking room. It looked completely different from the guest rooms in America. Hell, they look different than the rooms in the Thurmore Kingdom.

"This is the boys' room," Fuzuki said. "T-the girls' room will be next door."

Walking a little further, she opened up another sliding door to reveal the girls' room. It looked pretty much the same as the boys' room, so there really wasn't much to note.

"T-the futons are in the closets, s-so you can pull them out when you're ready to go to sleep."

"Futons?" I didn't know what those were. Considering that she said we can use them to sleep, I'm assuming their beds?

"U-uh, t-they're..." the young bunny maid was struggling to explain.

"Futons are basically beds from Japan, the world the Jade Emperors come from."

"Oh,"

Hang on...the Jade Emperors are from Earth? Now that I think about it, Askon does have some Japanese Influence here, and the Empress did say it was thanks to the Jade Emperors that they advanced so much.

So, that would mean that the Jade Emperors were otherworlders like me. That sure does explain a lot.

"Thanks for guiding us here," I thanked the bunny maid.

"A-ah, y-you're welcomph-?! O-ow..."

She bit her tongue again, huh? She really does have trouble talking. I guess she's just nervous around strangers.

"Good job, Fuzuki," Zemmi said, patting her head. "I'll take it from here, so you can go back to work."

"Okay..." Bowing her head, the bunny maid left in a hurry.

"Now then, let's get settled in," Zemmi said while heading over to the girls' room with the other girls.

Meanwhile, Vlad, Ukwtakun, and I headed over to the boys' room. Now that I think about it, there are a lot more girls in this group than boys.

There was Amy, Thana, Lilith, Arri, Kenos, Emma, Maram, Cerridwen, and Zemmi. That makes nine girls and only three boys. I actually didn't notice this until just now.

Well, anyway, the three of us were currently inside the boys' room. There wasn't much inside other than a table at the center with some tea and teacups.

I found the closet that Fuzuki mentioned that had the futons for us to sleep. Although it was apparently close to midnight, none of us were tired, so we decided to wait before going to sleep.

I then noticed that there was a sliding door that leads to the girls' room in our room, so I guess the rooms were connected.

Once we were settled in, we opened up the door and let the girls inside our room. We were now at the table in the middle and decided to talk.

"This is place is pretty nice," I said.

"Agreed," Amy answered. "Though, I have an issue with the Empress."