Chapter 81: Horde Extermination

Once Zemmi and I got back to the village, I told the others of what we saw along with my plan.

"So, we're going to assault the horde before they get to the village?" Vlad asked.

"Pretty much," I said. "Considering the size, it would be best to split them up."

"Can't you or aunty Amy just use a spell to blow them all sky high?" Ukwtakun's suggestion was a good one, but that would defeat the purpose of all of us coming here.

"Think of it this way, Ukwtakun. If we split the horde up, you'll have a portion to it all to yourself. They're basically an all-you-can-eat buffet."

The moment I said this, Ukwtakun's eyes sparkled upon realizing he could eat whoever he fought. After dealing with this glutton for a little while, I knew how to get him to listen.

With that wendigo dealt with, I turned towards the others.

"You guys think you can fight a small number of them by yourself?"

"Easy peasy," Zemmi said.

"I see no issue," Vlad stated.

"I will do my best to meet your expectations," Maram vowed.

"The horde itself is a mere warm-up. Having a small number of the monster won't be a problem." Amy boasted.

With everyone ready to go, it was time for us to strike.

...

We were now closing in on the horde. Some of us flew while the rest stuck to the ground.

I was checking out the horde with [Map] and [Monitor]. I was specifically keeping an eye on the damn goblin bastard that's controlling the horde in the first place.

For a while now, every time I see a goblin, I get really angry. I didn't know why at first until I realized that rage was the same when I see or even think of the Amarian Soldiers.

It's because that hob-goblin crime boss, Aarc, was involved in the destruction of Lilith's home. That I knew for sure.

Just looking at the goblin through [Monitor], sitting in the back of the horde watching its army march on, makes me want to make it scream in pain. Thankfully, I plan to do just that once I divide this bastard's army.

[We're getting close to the horde. Get into positions.] I told everyone through telepathy.

Soon, the others spread out and got into their respective spots to encounter their portion of the horde. While they did that, I stayed in the sky and waited until they were ready.

It didn't take long before they were all in position. Once they were, I turned Thana into her bow form and pulled her string...

...The next thing that happened was a volley of magic arrows falling from the sky and aiming at the horde.

...

It all started when a barrage of magic arrows started falling from the sky. The goblin lord, Rord, was behind his swarm of monsters, ready to destroy any human villages in his way.

Rord was a goblin that has a mind control skill. This skill allows him to take control of other people's minds, bending to his will. In the beginning, Rord could only control a single monster, but through time, he managed to get up to ten monsters to obey him.

After some time, he was now able to amass a giant army of monsters. Some of them weren't under his control like his goblin brethren. However, the orcs, ogres, and reptile monsters like the Basilisk and Drakes were under his control.