Chapter 42: The Chaos and Aftermath

In the city of Bruemore city, the citizens of the kingdom of Thurmore were celebrating the Festival of the gods. It was currently the god of wind; Doran's day.

The people were running about, checking stalls, playing around, and enjoying themselves. The Festival of the Gods are always like this, with people celebrating the week the gods formed the world.

Although the festival of the Gods was a memorable holiday, nothing really stood out on any of the days of the festivals. Not since when it was first established. Sure, there were some events in one of the day that marked an incredible moment in history, but nothing too extreme.

Like the flaming dragon dance or the first quake dance that became a tradition for dancers celebrating for the Goddess of Earth's day. Events like these were expected since all of them helped the festival become more exciting.

However, this Festival of the Gods was different. On this day, everyone in Bruemore City would know this event as the First act of terrorism on one of the most sacred holidays in the world.

And on this day, they would blame one of the most notorious criminals in the world. And their savior would be one of the most feared beings in the world.

...

The festival was currently in a crisis. Somewhere in an alley, an explosion occurred causing panic on the streets in the Festival.

The knights and available adventurers went to go check it out, though they were soon met with other adventurers and off duty knights. They stood before the knights remaining adventurers, looking ready to start a fight.

"We do not have time for foolishness," The captain of the knights growled. "There's panic on the streets, so what are you louts doing?!"

The opposing adventurers and knights said nothing. They simply stared at them with their cold, lifeless eyes.

"The hell's the matter with you?!" The Captain grew impatient. "If you keep screwing around, you'll be arrested, now get to work!"

Still no response from the adventurers or knights. It was strange how despite everything that was happening, these fighters were just standing there like it was none of their business.

"Hey, fellas, we're currently trying to get things under control, so could you help us out?" One of the adventurers tried to approach the strange fights.

Suddenly, one of the mages used a spell on the adventurer who tried to reason with them. A wind blade came zooming at him without a seconds delay.

"Whoa!" The adventurer ducked, just in time for the wind blade to near cut his head off his body. He then drew his weapon in anger. "What the hell was that for?!"

The mage or anyone else didn't say a word. They were as motionless and expressionless as before. The only difference between then and now was now all of them started to get ready for a fight, and the captain and the rest of the group responded in kind.

"I don't know what's going on here, but I will not allow such brazen behavior happening on my watch! My name is Captain Rolf Raymond, and you lot are now under arrest! Men, apprehend them, now!"

As the captain gave out his orders, the knights with him went to arrest the opposing party. Sadly, this wasn't going to end like that.

The opposing party quickly charged at the soldiers, swinging their weapons with intent to kill. Due to the knights training, they managed to fend them off without getting killed, but the opposing party had knights too, and they were just as well-trained.