Chapter 107: The Tournament Part 6

It happened so fast that even Anri couldn't foresee the attack that just occurred. She noticed something was amiss when Damien called out to her and Tora, and then rushed over to them.

That's when she noticed the attack from behind. It was a white streak that broke through the barrier and was now gunning for the both of them.

Soon, Damien got in front of them and tried to block the attack but that streak passed through his shield and hit him directly. Blood spurt out of his body as he fell to the ground.

Tora and Anri then rushed over to him, checking to make sure he was still alive.

"Come on..." Anri checked for a pulse, and sure enough, it was there.

That meant he was still alive, but barely. The wound on his chest was enough evidence of that.

"Just what the hell is happening?!" Tora clamored.

Anri turned towards the man that struck Damien down. He had golden hair that shone in the light of the sun. He had this sadistic look on his face as he looked down on them.

Before Anri and Tora could do anything, more explosions occurred around them on the stadium balconies. Then, people with weapons started running around attacking people.

"It's an ambush...!" Anri said, glaring at the golden-haired man.

This guy must've been the mastermind behind this. Anri looked around to see what the other heads were doing and noticed that they were getting the people to safety and fighting off the intruders.

Because it was the Twelve Clan Heads, there wasn't much to worry about. So, Anri turned her attention toward the cause of this.

Just as she was about to make her move, a massive fireball was launched at the golden-haired intruder. As it exploded, Anri turned to see who the caster was. She thought it was Damien, but he was still unconscious near Tora.

No, the source of that fireball came from one of his companions. It was the blue-haired girl. Anri believed her name was Amy. And judging from her expression, she was extremely angry.

Just as Amy showed up, the rest of Damien's companions arrived as well. They surrounded Damien, protecting him like a fortified wall.

The spider woman and that hungry woman held onto Damien, the Dhampir pulled out his weapons for the fight, the robot pulled out an ominous spear and a dozen shields for protection, and Amy stood at the front looking very angry.

However, Anri thought something was up. Wasn't there a couple of people missing?

Suddenly, as if to add more protection, shadow warriors started appearing around them, making a secondary wall. Anri looked closely and noticed that the little girl with black hair in their group was the one doing this.

The Dhampir, Vlad, summoned a swarm of bats and sent them over to where the golden-haired guy was. Just when they got close, they got blown away along with the dust that Amy made from her attack from before.

And there stood the treacherous man, completely unscathed. He brushed off some dirt off his clothes as he looked down at them once more.

"Good," The golden-haired man smiled. "This is the kind of scene I was hoping for!"

He looked around at the stadium, admiring the chaos he caused. All those intruders attacking and destroying the stadium, and the twelve clans evacuating the people and dealing with those soldiers.

"Who the hell are you?" Anri demanded.

"Doesn't matter who he is..." Vlad stated.

"Because he's going to be dead soon..." Amy finished.