Chapter 110: The God of War and The Decision

Just when I thought things could get any more complicated...then this guy showed up.

"What are you doing here, Valdr?" I demanded, not in the mood.

"Am I not allowed to be here?" Valdr asked, looking somewhat smug. It made me want to punch him in the face.

"I believe you and the rest of the gods made a deal with our first Jade Emperor, agreeing not to step foot in Askon and to stay out of our business," Sayuri informed Valdr.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I heard about this during the tour. Due to the dwellers appearing on Askon, the gods were about to deal with them until the Jade Emperor stepped in and stopped them.

They then made a deal where the gods would stay out of the Jade Emperor's and Askon's business as long as they keep the dwellers on the island. This included that none of the gods interfering with Askon's affairs.

This means what Valdr is doing is actually a violation of this deal. And yet why was this guy here now?

"Yeah, yeah, I know about the deal, lady," Valdr responded, though it looked like he wasn't interested in Sayuri. "Unfortunately, Amaris ordered me to come here due to some issues concerning the boy."

"Me?" Now it was my turn to point at myself in confusion. What did I do this time?

"You caused another uproar, kid. Isn't this the second or third time you turned the sky red?"

Ah...that. Now I know why this guy was here. It's because of the incident during the tournament.

"Amaris was concerned you went berserk or something. Unfortunately, due to your current location, she couldn't send in her angel army to smite you without invoking the wrath of Askon."

Heh, so even that goddess has her limits, huh? I figured that Askon was a pretty dangerous and powerful place, but this really takes the cake now.

"So, what, she sent you instead to sort things out?" Considering that Amaris wasn't here, that meant that she was compromising.

"Something like that," Valdr scratched the back of his head irritably. "Due to my connections here, I was the most suitable to see what was going on."

Connections? Oh, right, War. I guess that's as good a reason as any to get someone down here to find out what's going on.

"Anyway, looking at how you aren't being controlled by that Elder, it seems like things are more or less okay...hmm?" Suddenly, Valdr's attention was on Tora, who simply stared at the god with a puzzled and distant look.

The god then zoomed over at Tora with frightening speed, shocking the Byakko Head, making her tense. The god of war simply smiled, almost as if he felt something nostalgic.

"Well, so you're mother's current vessel, huh? Heh, you look a lot like her in her human form."

Wait, War looks like Tora in her human form? That's a bit surprising...

"W-why are you..." Tora tried to say something but couldn't form her words right.

"Tell me something, kid," Valdr spoke up. "When you look at me, what exactly do you feel?"

What kind of question is that? Meanwhile, Tora was trying to think of what to say to Valdr's question.

"I...feel angry and...I really want to punch your face," Tora then glared at Valdr, her electric blue eyes turning a wild yellow, signaling War's influence over her.

"Hahahaha!" Instead of feeling threatened or insulted, the god simply laughed at her response, as if this was what he was expecting. "Guess dear mother's still angry over what happened. Not that I blame her though."