Chapter 105: The Tournament Part 4

"The tournament has been going well," Kin noted.

"Indeed," Gin agreed. "Should we attack during the semi-finals?"

"No, it's too early. It should be the final match, that's when everything is at its peak."

Gin and Kin were seated at the tournament, watching as the semi-finals were about to begin. They've been watching the tournament since the very beginning, watching the fights, and thinking of when they can perform their assault.

They also thought about what to do with their new task that they received from the Demon Lords. Other than their mission to cause chaos in the Tournament, they were also recently tasked with kidnapping one of the Twelve clans and the Guardian of the Western Territory, the Byakko Clan head.

From what they've seen, Byakko Tora is a formidable opponent. Not only that but because of her status, kidnapping her won't be an easy task. Not only are they dealing with one of the four guardians, but there are also their attendants.

If Byakko Tora goes missing, things will get messy. Thankfully, the brothers came up with a somewhat decent plan.

"Byakko Tora is in the semi-finals, correct?" Gin asked.

"That's right. If she makes it to the final match, we can cause an uproar and also capture the Byakko Head."

"Are our men in place?"

"Yes, so we'll see what happens and proceed as is."

If Byakko Tora manages to make it to the final match, the brothers could use that to their advantage and disrupt the final match, while also taking off with the Byakko Head. All they need to do is pray that things go the way they need to.

Unbeknownst to them, their plans were going to be far from what they expected. All thanks to a certain seer that is currently watching them now...

...

It was now the fourth day of the tournament and we were now on to the semi-finals of the tournament. The last four contestants were Suzaku Ayuka, Mowang Fuyuko, Byakko Tora, and Kurosawa Anri.

These were the remaining fighters that fought in the tournament for the past four days. And now they were about to face off against one another.

We just got to our seats as the matches were about to start. While sitting, there were new members watching the fights with us.

"I wonder who Fuyuko is going to go up against," Makoto pondered.

"I bet two meals that it's the Tiger woman," Ichika staked.

"Alright, I'll play. I bet it's the phoenix girl."

"You're on."

"Come on, guys," Taichi protested. "Don't go betting on something like this, please."

While Makoto and Ichika started betting with Taichi trying to stop it, the two guardians that got defeated started debating on their fellow guardians still in the tournament.

"Do you believe Tora and Ayuka will make it to the finals?" Ameko asked.

"I-I believe so if they aren't fighting one another in the semi-finals," Rui answered.

"I'm pretty sure if Ayuka and Tora fight, that arena floor would get destroyed one way or another," Ayumu chimed in.

"If they were to face off against one another, I believe Tora would succeed," Min stated.