Chapter 31: The Plan

Morning soon came around and Vlad entered my room, most likely attempting to wake me up.

"Hey, Damien. Zami and Clare are here." As soon as Vlad said those words, I soon rose from my bed.

After getting dressed, I walked down the stairs with Vlad and Raven in tow. Once we arrived at the living room, we saw Zami and Clare sitting down on one of the couches, being served tea by Van and a maid.

"Good morning, Damien," Zami greeted me while drinking tea. She was in her usual attire which was her light armor plating.

"Morning, Damien," Clare also greeted me.

"Yeah, morning." Although it sounded a little rude, I meant no ill-will in my words. I'm just a little tired, so I'm not all that formal or polite.

"Apologies for coming so early, but we thought that getting an early start in the proceedings would make things go smoothly."

"Plus, we thought that we should pick you up and show you around the Festival. So, you could get a good sense of your surroundings."

That does sound like a good idea. Getting a good view of the festival will help me out, and with my newly improved [Map] spell, I can even set a trap and lure Drake in it.

"Sounds like a plan. Should we go now and talk about the plan, or do we stay and chat first?"

"It might be best to talk while walking to the city. We can't waste much time with the Festival starting tomorrow." That sounds reasonable. It would be better to start now than later anyway.

"Alright, let's get going then." With that, Zami, Clare, Vlad, and I left the mansion.

Since we were doing a job, time was a little more precious, so I decided to use [Gate] to teleport us to the city. When we arrived, I noticed how festive everything looked.

Decorations were hanging everywhere, and I noticed new food stalls being put up. Not only that, but I noticed a couple people were wearing similar clothing. They were wearing white clothes like shirts and pants.

Hmm, considering that it's white, that would symbolize Amaris, right? Ugh, just looking at their outfits pissed me off a little bit.

The fact that these people were celebrating Amaris's day, and treated Zerris's day like nothing made me want to burn their outfits off. But I held it in and kept walking around the city. I didn't want to give Drake more reason to use me as his scapegoat.

"As you can see, the Festival is ready for tomorrow's first event. A lot of people look forward to the first day since it's-oof!" Zami was interrupted by Clare who jabbed her elbow into her side.

I already knew what she was going to say anyway. She was going to tell me that "a lot of people look forward to the first day since it's Amaris's day."

Although I was a little annoyed, but I wasn't all that angry since it's apparently true. I can't really change that, so I'm just going to do my best to ignore it.

While Zami panicked about realizing what she was just about to say, Clare continued where the female knight left off. Without the Amaris part, of course.

"Due to how exciting everything is, it makes it all the more frightening that Drake is here to ruin it all."

"Hasn't there been previous problems during the Festival? I'm sure that it should be somewhat expected, right?" Since it's a festival, it should be obvious that people will take advantage of the excitement to cause trouble.